Repairing Credit File after debt

cagger11
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4576 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am looking to repair my credit file and need some advice please about a couple of things...

• The first issue is that in 2003 I took out a loan and I wasn't able to pay back the amount a few years ago and defaulted. Although it has been over 6 years, this still shows on my experian credit file (as a default) and I can see that it was updated in February of this year, I'm not sure this is quite right? Is this date - 'updated' the date of default? If so it is incorrect. I think this should now be removed from my credit file but I'm not sure why it isn't or indeed how I can get it removed if I can?
  • The second issue is that I have a CCJ against my name. On my credit report it is showing as unsettled, however I paid this off a couple of years ago. I have written to the court and they advised me to write to the creditor/their solicitor, however I am not sure who to contact, I paid through an alternative court to a baliff (not Northampton County Court where the CCJ was issued). It seems to be lost in the system somewhere?? the credit card was with HSBC, does anyone know who I should contact?

Many thanks.

Hi, First was it the default date, and what is the date of the

last payment, this may show as date last delinquent payment.

Second has any payment or offer of payment, or written

acknowledgment of the debt been made in 6 CLEAR YEARS??

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi, thanks for your reply. I just checked and it is showing as the default date as October 2006 so that must be why it is still there. To be honest I don't recall if I made a payment or an offer prior to October 2006. So would I be looking at this being removed in October 2012?