please help!!

binatone45
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4579 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am currently having some issues with Lloyds and i would appreciate any help.

Like most others on here i went through the motions with the bank charges etc only to be told no thanks.

my bank charges were from 2003 - 2007. Anyway since the fsa court battle late 2007 (i think), i agreed with Lloyds to repay £30 per month towards my overdraft on the current account as it was for over 3.5k and wanted Lloyds out of my life. I had maintained regular payments and never missed one payment, when out of the blue late last year lloyds wanted the payments going to £70 per month. I could not afford this as the wife was pregnant and on maternity and we were paying off other debts aswell (bad business idea) ... i sent in expenditure details to Lloyds etc and afew months later they passed the debt to their debt department in late last year. So then i get westcott call me saying they were acting for Lloyds and i setup the same payment plan with them of £30 and they were happy and have now paid 10 payments and still paying.

Having just gone for a mortgage last week, i was informed i have a default on my credit file!. i did a equifax report and Lloyds have put a default on my account. The default has a start date of 5/2010 and a default date of 1/2011. I had NO default notice nor was advised i would get a default. Also i have held the account for over ten years etc. The Default looks to lenders like i opened the account in may 2010 took it overdrawn and then defaulted in jan 2011 .......

I was furious and have been in my local Lloyds branch and been fobbed off, and also spoke to numerous call centres and also supervisors, who all say they are in the right for giving me a default and i should of paid the debt off. Aparently if an account goes to their debt centre then a default is always given?

I would really appreciate any help here as im ready to humanly combust!

Thanks

Binatone45I've just been through the same thing with Lloyds over a loan. Started making token payments in 2004 and in 2010 they transferred it to the dept recovery department. Never heard another word until Sept this year when they put a default on my credit file back dated to June 2010. I went into my local branch and gave them merry f*ck and they just rang me back later saying Robber wayward were dealing with it and to contact them. To cut a long story short I ended up talking to their customer relations team (0113 2357320) and after telling them the ICO want to investigate if they refuse to remove the default, they have agreed to back date the default to 2005 so it will drop off now, remove all the interest and pay me compensation. So I would suggest you give them a ring and stick to your guns.The key points are:The ICO say defaults should be registered 6 months after the first reduced paymentLloyds should transfer your OD to the dept recovery after 12 months of reduced payments.Did they freeze interest for the last 4 years? (Doubt it)

Hi Tartan Barty.

Thankyou so much for your reply! it gives me hope something may be done.

Yes they did freeze interest for the preiod i was paying the £30. But they would call about every two months from a call centre abroad and i would play hell with them to

freeze interest.

I find it very sad Lloyds treated you in the same way! I am annoyed as they are quick to default someone but dont put correct info on default!! or stick within guidelines ...

so then you have to go through the motions with relevant bodies to try and get this resolved.

Thankyou so much for taking the time to reply to my thread.

Regards