Black Horse & Credit Style

h1903
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4565 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello and apologies if this is in the wrong forum or has already been posted.

I had a credit agreement with Black Horse for a car I bought which had a large residual ballot payment at the end of the term (£11400). Through no ones fault but my own I missed the final payment. I had meant to trade the vehicle against another car, settle the original loan and start another agreement. I had some conversations with Black Horse but after 21 days (I think) they passed the debt onto Credit Style - a company I had never heard of.

Credit Style contacted me with all sorts of friendly advice about settling the account and referred to themselves as a company that Black Horse use to work on behalf of the borrower to work out an amicable solution. So far so good.

I explained that I missed the deadline and would trade in the car and thus settle the outstanding balance. I was asked by Credit Style to direct the selling garage to go through them. Which I didn't question at the time.

I approached a garage, found a vehicle agreed to trade the current car against the new vehicle and clear off the balance. The settlement figure from the new garage was confirmed at £11400. Credit Style then contacted me by text to say that the balance was now £11919 which included their fees. This was news to me.

I disputed this with them as I didn't have any agreement with them, nor did I have any visibility of their fees etc. Black Horse will not discuss this with me, nor even the relationship between them and Credit Style.

After raising a complaint with Black Horse, and mentioning bodies such as the OFT to Credit Style I have now been offered a deal where they will go back to Black Horse and agree to settle the loan at £10,000 which will include all their fees.

Am I right in assuming that they have bought the debt from Black Horse and were looking to screw not only Black Horse but also me before, as it now seems miraculous that if I provide them with a cash sum almost £2000 less than they were originally asking for I am off the hook. BTW I am prepared to pay the original settlement value to Black Horse of £11400 but they won't deal with me now.

It seems strange that as soon as the OFT etc are mentioned Credit Style have a change of heart.

Any advice on how to proceed will be gratefully received.

Mark

ps. It's also with noting all the calls with Credit Safe & Black Horse from my office are recorded so there is a full audit trail available should it come to that.

• 3 weeks later...

Not so much as advice ,but the above thread is unbelievably similar to the way in which Black Horse and Credit Style operate.

With my husband now unemployed and since having an operation too, and with the death of my mum of which I was her carer, we both found ourselves financially strapped!

After trying to work out all sorts of ways in which we could survive without a car being rural (we had a very economical car but it was the payments that were causing us the financial stress) my husband decided that seeing we had paid well over half the hire purchase we would have to make the decision to hand the car back and arrange to pay arrears of £277.48 at an affordable rate each month.

All seemd good.

Then Credit Style Ltd suddenly showed up. Black Horse would no longer deal with us.

We were told by the person employed to visit and make arrangemnts for the car to be picked up and to get the agreement sigend to hand the car over, that no further payments would be charged to us. So, on that basis once the car was gone and handed over and the payslips were in our hand to pay the agreed affordable monthly payment, that would be it; organised - and one area less to worry about.

NOT SO!

Since then we have recieved two letters from Black Horse (who by the way do not want us to communicate with them but they still think it is ok to communicate with us) stating that we now owe £621.85 but the arrears owing is actually a true figure of £277.48. (of which has you can see - payments are already in place of which two have already been paid, and on time!)

I am now fighting our corner and will not stand for any injustice from these companies. The corruption and greed is unbelieveable and instead of my husband and I trying our hardest to alleviate debt problems they have put us right into further debt. It is not on, and I will not be another victim.

My heart goes out to anyone who has to deal with these companies, and in fighting my own corner with this particular situation and PPI's etc as well, succeeding on my own with two so far, I will continue to forge ahead to stamp out in my own life the injustices and lack of integrity that we face daily.

I wish the above individual all the best, and if he has any further information on progress re Black Horse & Credit Style Ltd, I would be grateful to see it here on this forum.

Edited by sarnia2
typo errors