Mysterious. Demand for ghost CC debt to be repaid.

george96
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4616 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been having correspondence with Lowell about a Barclaycard debt. They sent me a letter demanding payment quoting a Barclaycard account number which I know nothing about. I wrote to them saying I didn't recognise the debt and they, in return, sent me statements from two separate credit cards - neither of which had the Barclaycard account number originally quoted (and which they are still quoting)!

They've also sent a CCA for a Morgan Stanley CC (which I think is unenforceable for lots of reasons).

What should I do? Should I again write that I don't recognise the Barclaycard account which they are quoting or write that the CCA is unenforceable. Or both?

Funny innit?

If you dont recognise the debts then just write back and tell them so. It is for them to prove that you owe on them.. not the other way round.

Would the morgan stanley agreement be anything to do with the B/shark debts ? I think they took over quite a lot of those didnt they ?

Check your credit reference files.. if the accounts arent on there, then they are quite likely statute barred anyway

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The two sets of statements they sent me were for a Morgan Stanley card, which then morphed into a Barclaycard after the takeover; I recognise both of these. But the Barclaycard referred to in the demand letter has a completely different number.

That number could be lowlifes own reference number for the account.

It's only a sharklay card what do they think your going to do? Suddenly panic and start paying?

If it was a Morgan Stanley prior to it morphing into Sharklay card then did you sign a new agreement?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Bazooka Boo

That number could be lowlifes own reference number for the account.

It's only a sharklay card what do they think your going to do? Suddenly panic and start paying?

If it was a Morgan Stanley prior to it morphing into Sharklay card then did you sign a new agreement?

It's the "original Barclaycard account" 16 digit number.

And, no I didn't sign a new agreement for BC.

I've now received a letter from Red threatening all sorts of action.

Should I write to them explaining that I have no knowledge of the account number they allege I owe money to, or should I acknowledge receipt of the non-compliant CCA for Morgan Stanley but ask for a CCA for the BC account from which the copy statements have been sent?

Or should I just ignore them?

I've now received a letter from Red threatening all sorts of action.

Should I write to them explaining that I have no knowledge of the account number they allege I owe money to, or should I acknowledge receipt of the non-compliant CCA for Morgan Stanley but ask for a CCA for the BC account from which the copy statements have been sent?

Or should I just ignore them?

The more you engage with these people, the more they will attempt to frustrate and harass you. For your information. Both Red and Hamptons Legal (who no doubt you will hear from next) ARE Lowells t/as. It is my understanding that they are not permitted by way of OFT guidelines to imply they are 3 different entities.. but there you go.. what do Lowells care about the OFT Guidelines.

If you seriously do not believe that this account has anything to do with you. You must bypass Red and write directly to Lowells. You must state clearly that unless they can provide irrefutable evidence by way of a document with your signature that this account was opened by you, then they must bog off. Then you must advise the OFT that you are being harrassed for a debt that is not yours. This wont be the first time Lowells have bought a dummy.

They are at present harrassing a Disabled Veteran and have been so for nearly 2 years. Even though that person now has proof positive that the person Lowells are seeking is a woman.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?322978-Disabled-Veteran-Harrassed-for-2yrs-by-DCA-for-debt-of-unknown-person

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D