Allied International / Amex

jonk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4630 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Can I grab a quick bit of advice- I had a call from Allied International (he called from a mobile which is why I answered) Anyway I mentioned that Amex hadn't advised that the debt had been passed to them, and he said a letter had been sent on 10th October. I told him I would only continue the conversation in writing once I'd received the letter. He emailed me attaching the letter Amex had, apparently sent me. I say "apparently" because it's obviously not a scan of a genuine letter as the registered office address at the bottom is one Amex moved out of 5+ years ago, has a different layout from their current headed paper, and doesn't include all the legal bumf they now have to include at the bottom of all their correspondence. The letter asks me to pay all monies to them. Nothing has come by post yet.

So.. it' only a formality after all, do I call them on it - do I say "that's not genuine" or should I take it to the police on the basis that they are trying to obtain money by deception. I can't find any OFT guideline clause that mentions sending false documents.....

Anyway I've advised them that I've paid some money to Amex and the response was "why have you paid Amex and us, and I sent you letter from Amex telling you to pay us". I am so tempted to reply "that letter wasn't genuine, it's currently with the Police, you will be hearing from them"... but would I have a leg to stand on?

Thanks

Jon

I wouldn't do anything, continue to pay Amex and ignore these clowns, if they persist then call their bluff with a few choice words, you need to have this written in hard format before you will action any of it.

They could have just taken a look at your CRF and decided to chance their arm and con money out of you. Have you checked your CRF recently to see what if anything is on there?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!