MadMat V Woolwich

MadMat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ahhh poor them!! *scoffs*:D

I already know you have about as much sympathy for them as I have Thailand :D

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Smile:Settled 15/11/06

Egg Card:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 2/10/06

GE Money:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent3/8/06 LBA sent 26/9/06

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

Barclaycard:In criminal default watch this space

Lloyds TSB:In criminal default watch this space

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well, took a walk to Southend court today and handed in my AQ and the £100 fee. The clerk said they are currently allocating hearing dates at the end of January and start of Febuary, so hopefully I'm on the home straight now!

Do I add the £100 AQ fee to the woolwich's total when they call/write offering to settle?

Mat

• 3 weeks later...

Well had a reply to my AQ today

"Upon reading the court file, and of the courts own initiative,

It is ordered that the claim be stayed untill 7 February 2007. To be refered to District Judge Dudley in boxwork on 7 February 2007"

I'm guessing this means I have a bit more waiting to do . . .

I know there is a Case Management Conference going on at Southend Court on the 7th, as other posters have mentioned it, I guess I'll be in the next batch to be dealt with after that!

Mat

Hi there i have just found out about this site and joined. The woolwhich have tried to charge me for a direct debit that should never have tried to come out of the account, coz i was in the process of moving baks and had already made the payemnt, as i knew there would be no money in thw woolwhich account for the direct debit.

after contacting about 3 times by phone and getting very ****ed off coz i was not getting anywhere, i have now been told that if i wont pay the charge the company that tried to take the direct debit should pay for me as they are at fault for trying to take the money??? do i have a claim to make here??? they have done this in the past and i have just paid. trouble is i dont know in total how much i have been charged over the years??? i really dont know where to start??

i really dont know where to start??

How about starting here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Be aware that claiming against the woolwich is a long and drawn out process - read through some of the other threads here to see just how long it takes! I've been chasing my charges back for about 4 months now and still have at least another month to go!

Mat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just got off the phone to the court, as I hadn't heard anything and it's been a weeks since the date my file was due to be refered back to the Judge.

I've been given a date of 5th April for an Allocation hearing, and was told it'd be a week or so until both I and barclays got written notice of that date.

So I guess I'm waiting on a phone call from Barclays around the end of march! Might try ringing them and hurrying that along a bit once the letters have arrived :)

Mat

So, question for the people that have succesfully phoned and got settlements, whats the magic phrase? Do you just ring up and ask for your money? or just say you are giving them one last chance to settle before a court appearence?

Mat

Hi Mat, I just phoned gave them my name & court reference number then said as the court date was coming up (our allocation hearing would have been 7th at Southend) would they like to settle now saving time & interest, The lady i spoke to was Rebecca Conelly & she was very nice, dont forget when you're agreeing your final figure with them to add on your allocation questionaire costs, any further charges & make sure the interest is up to date, in case they say they'll settle its best to have that to hand. Good luck & keep us posted how you're getting on. I'm after Barclaycard & the Abbey now both are under 1,000 so I'm hoping it wont take as long as the Woolwich did.

• 1 month later...

Hi All!

Has anyone out there managed to claim beyond 6 years from the Woolwich? is anyone currently trying?

I'm about to send an SAR requesting details of my account pre 2001, was wondering if anyone had manged to get statements from that far ago.

Mat

• 2 months later...