CCJ issued for unpaid car shortfall Finance 4u/corner park but no evidence of it!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4637 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone.........I too have the deep joy of crossing paths with Corner Park. I had my car repossessed 2 years ago as I couldn't make repayments. Today had a letter telling me that due to the County Court Judgement I have for over £16,000 with them they will be sending C.C. baliffs to my address in the next 7 days.

I had threatening letters over a year ago and refered them all to my solicitor who never had any reply to his letters and now today I have received this letter. I have checked my credit file and have no CCJ recorded on my credit history nor have I ever received any correspondance from any court regarding a CCJ or any notification that any Court action has ever been pursued!!!

Can anyone help me on this......I am forwarding the letter I received to my solicitor but obviously I'm concerned about baliffs turning up and taking my property!!!

Hi everyone.......I'm having a bit of a nightmare so I'm hoping someone can help!!!!!

2 years ago I had my car repossessed......Tried to keep up payments but in the end decided it would be easier to have the car taken off me than get further into debt......I was told there would be a shortfall and I would be contacted with details of how much I owed.....this turned out to be £16,000!!!!!!! I had had cars from this particular garage for a number of years and knew that there would be a shortfall but I sent the letters to my solicitor as I wanted the company to provide me with a comprehensive breakdown of how these charges had been acrued. My solicitor wrote to the company asking for a breakdown and if all correspondance could now be sent to him. He didn't receive any response.

Yesterday, I received a letter stating that baliffs would be attendng my property in 7 days as I have a CCJ for £16000 and they will require full payment. I have never at any point received any court correspondance for this or any evidence that a CCJ has ever been awarded against me. I checked my Credit Record yesterday and there is no evidence of any CCJ on my credit history. I've forwarded the letter to my solicitor but would really appreciate any help or advice that anyone could give on here as obviously I'm worried about baliffs turning up at my property!!!

Which company sent you the letter ? and what exactly did it say ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Its from..........................States that I am aware about a CCJ issued - which I'm not..... and unless I contact a number at the bottom of the page then county court baliffs will be sent to my property in 7 days time......I called the number yesterday on a witheld number to see what it was and a man just answered.....no company name or anything. Im wondering if its just scare tactics to try and make me pay as how can I have a CCJ if there is absolutely no evidence of it anywhere?????

Edited by welshblondemanc

You need to write to them (by recorded delivery), stating that you do not acknowledge any debt to that company and ask them to provide evidence of how they arrive at the amount they claim you owe, together with a copy of any court order theyclaim to have obtained.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

check your cra file

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

OP checked Credit File yesterday DX

cleans eyes out....

urm..no CCJ

spoof me thinks from a DCA

can you scan up that letter please

lets see if we know the name/number

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ive sent the letter to my solicitor already - sorry!!!!......its not from a Debt Collection Agency.......its from..........................based in Wales........................................ is the name of the actual company I purchased the car from!

Edited by welshblondemanc

Solicitors don't have a reputation for acting quickly on things like this so I hope yours is a good one (I would advise you to keep on at him till you get an answer). First thing that needs to be established is if there is indeed a CCJ. If not, and the letter states that there is - then you need to bring the law down hard on Finance U - hopefully your solicitor will take appropriate action (and no doubt charge you plenty for it). You could actually do all this yourself for free, but as you have now involved your solicitor, let us know what he has to say.

If its not showing on my credit file.......could there be a CCJ? As I haven't been informed of any court action and I haven't moved address since the repossession of the vehicle, could it occur without my knowledge? He's writing to them to ask for evidence of the CCJ and for......yet again......a breakdown of costs that have been outlined that I owe to which I don't believe are correct. At no point have I been served with any legal papers for court or signed anything or been informed of any judgement by any court.

then its a spoof they are trying to fleece you hoping you know no diff

if there is no ccj on your cra .....ENDOFF!

can you post up the letter please following my instructions

dx

and they

Ive read the forums and has been good to read that I don't appear to be the only one in this situation - I doubt whether I will be the last but I so hope that I am!!! I'm obviously really worried but surely its against the law to issue a letter stating that there is a CCJ against me for this amount hen my credit record states that clearly there isn't!!!

OK THEN

AS USUAL, LETS SEE OUR FRIENDS AT FINANCE U ARE TALKING BOVINE EXCRAMENT AS USUAL

USE THIS LINK TO SEE IF YOU HAVE A CCJ REGISTERED

IF NOT

OFFICIAL COMPLAINT TO THE OFT AND MINISTRY OF JUSTICE

NOT TO MENTION CPUTR

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CCsQjBAwAg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.trustonline.org.uk%2Fsearch-yourself%2F&rct=j&q=registry%20trust&ei=oLaNTt7NA5C2hAfQs7zyDw&usg=AFQjCNHZeu8N3xZKFh-ox_cPozoZ0o-A_g&cad=rja

GO FOR IT

I BELIEVE ITS £4 TO CHECK IF YOU HAVE ANY CCJ

how do you want to play this

you have our friend mr humphries by the nutts

his credit licence could be at stake

this is what i would do

say and do nothing

get your solicitor friend to stop sending any letters

if a court claim is issued, that letter is dynamite, so keep it in a very safe place and enter into no further correspondance with this unsavoury individual

cant say to much but our friend is being investigated due to his business practices and ignoring oft guidelines

as you are aware, certain proceings are in progress so i cant say to much

JUST IGNORE WOULD BE MY ADDVICE

AND KEEP THAT LETTER SAFE

Edited by postggj