Encouragement to get further into debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4639 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If a DCA writes, suggesting that the debtor pays installments or a one-off payment via credit card, isn't that against OFT and FoS guidelines?

At least, isn't this classed as bad practice, simply for encouraging someone obviously in financial difficulty to borrow more? Meaning that credit card payments are subject to interest at an average APR of 17% if not paid in full at the end of each billing period.

Is that grounds for complaint?

I suppose that they will feel that this is acceptable - but actually I think that you are right and that you should make the complaint anyway.

Thanks BF. I've already responded by Recorded Delivery, telling them off for what I believe to be bad practice. Otherwise, this particular DCA haven't been too bad and have complied with all my instructions! :D

I haven't made a formal complaint yet, I'm just waiting for their next letter of acquiesence... ;)

If a DCA writes, suggesting that the debtor pays installments or a one-off payment via credit card, isn't that against OFT and FoS guidelines?

I would say so...

Unfair business practices para 2.6 (b) pressurising debtors to sell property, to raise funds by further borrowing or to extend their borrowing
  • Confused 1