rich & welcome

rich512
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4590 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i am someone stupid enough to become involved with welscum finance and after getting into financial problems fell behind with payments.

I am keen to get everything back on track as soon as possible but i am not happy with the problems welcome keep giving me.

I sent the telephone harrasment letter a few months ago and asked all correspondence to be in writing only,

yet i still keep receiving missed calls from them.

I have even had one of the doorstep goons turn up and told them i was not in.

I considered handing him the doorstep letter but judging from the grunts he made in an attempt to communicate i doubt he would have been capable of reading it.

I have since sent the doorstep letter to the branch and also to a member of staff at cattles along with a complaint letter about the conduct of my account manager.

I think i am right in saying they are in breach of the communications act and OFT rules but i have been wondering what to expect next will this stop the calls and doorstep goons.

Any advice on what i should do next would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Rich512

Hi Rich

Best to start your own thread so the advice is specific to you and does not get mixed up with others.

One piece of advice about Welcome - never deal with the local branch only the head office.

Who did you send the telephone letter to? Send it to Compliance at the head office in Nottingham, say you have already sent one but are still getting calls.

In meantime start your own thread

Have you got any PPI on your agreement? If so you can start claiming that back.

You can also contact Welcome and get a statement covering the whole transaction history of the account. There will be loads of illegal charges on there that you will also be able to claim back.

its quite funny that you mention ppi as i have received a form to fill in from the fscs this morning about ppi with welscum will this also deal with any illegal charges and how do i know what is a legal or illegal charge? if i apply for cca or sca can i put the fee in a box in 1p coins just to annoy them? thank you for all your help so far.

No that won't deal with the charges - but at least it will get you the PPI money knocked off the account.

As for the charges, you need to get a copy of your statement and virtually everything that is not interest charges will be an illegal charge.

Once you get hold of a statement come back and we can have a look at it for you.

Does anyone know if the steps i have taken so far in the above posts are enough to make them think again about a doorstep call as i will not be in a lot of next week and do not want partner to feel intimidated? As the **** are not supposed to be on my property if i can catch them at it again am i within the law to use reasonable force to remove them and their car?

You have the right to use reasonable force to remove them IF they refuse to leave, but you can only use the force up to the edge of your property..

Advice if they refuse to leave would actually be to call the Police.

Send the doorstep letter to the head office address for the attention of compliance. Also keep a copy in the house to give them if they turn up. Don't enter into dialog if they turn up, give them the letter and close the door. If they fail to leave call the Police.

As for your partner - if your partner is not a party to the debt they should not speak to her about it.

You are ok with the FSCS - signing it should be ok on this occasion.

Just be aware, if you sign the FSCS paperwork you are signing away 10% of what your owed as FSCS will only pay you 90% (they keep the rest themselves),

HTH

VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN - IF THEY HELP - PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Halifax - S.A.R - June 06

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- Settled IN FULL :eek:

- 2nd Claim Started - 12 Dec 2006

- SETTLED IN FULL:eek:

- 3rd Claim Started (Phone Call) 1st March 2007

Abbey National - S.A.R - 23/08/06

- Default Removal Letter sent 21st Sept

- LBA sent with Estimated Charges 4/10/06

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- N1 filed 9/11/06 - Deemed Served 16/11/06

- AQ & Draft Directions filed 19/12/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

- SETTLED IN FULL:o INCLUDING £5k COMPENSATION

Capital One - S.A.R. 10/10/06

Alliance & Leicester - Mortgage E/S/C Claim 02/03/07

welcome have logged my complaint about doorstep call and breach of communications act. Would anyone have any guesses as to what the response from them will be when i finally get it? I am hopeful that they will have to take action i have sent a copy of the letter handed over at the door from the welcome rep. So don't imagine they can deny calling. Although i wont be too surprised by anything. Any ideas anyone?

yeah sent complaint, doorstep letter and the third copy of the telephone harassment letter. Just wondered if this will work this time as they seem to have ignored the last 2 about phone calls both of which went to compliance. I am at the end of my tether with welcome, keep running round in my head how they could have the nerve to turn up at my door. I have to credit everyone on here in threads that i have read on how calm you all seem to remain with them.

• 1 month later...

hi dad of holly i have received statements from welcome today but i am not sure how i put them on here i have scanned them to my computer and covered personal details just dont know how to load them here

1 thing i have noticed is that when the goon from the branch called at the door the balance was around £1100 this was on 28-9-11

but on the statement on 28-9-11 balance is around £1400 not really sure whats going on there