charges for paying bills online

thomass1949
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4642 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone tell me if the practice of adding a (usually 4 pound monthly charge) to a bill for paying on-line, cheque etc is being challenged. Because I do not allow Sky and others to access and control my account with their direct debits I am being penalised by incurring this charge every month. Paying online does not incur a 4 pound cost to them.

Thanks

Are they claiming this is a charge for paying by methods other than direct debit.. or that if you pay by direct debit you receive a discount ?

I thought this type of charge for paying other than by Direct Debit had been stopped.

I agree, there is no way it cost them £4.00 to administer this as the money goes directly into their account.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

TBH CB, I think BT still charges customers £5 if they don't pay by DD??? I'll have to check that..

Yep seems they do!

You agree that unless you pay your bill by direct debit or monthly payment plan, you will pay BTPS a fee of £1.80 per month, if you pay your bills monthly, or £5.40 per quarter, if you pay quarterly, for payment collection and processing services. You agree to make the payment in the same manner and at the same time as you pay your BT bill.
Edited by Bazooka Boo

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

TBH CB, I think BT still charges customers £5 if they don't pay by DD??? I'll have to check that..

Thanks, I didnt realise.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

if you like myself, pay for your TV license via quarterly DD you get charged £1.50 extra... score 5 quid extra off me because i pay it over 4 payments and not weekly or monthly....when asked if i agreed to the charge an i said no, was told couldn't continue with setting up a quarterly DD, i could of course set a monthly DD but they would take out 1 years payments over 6 months. then continue normal payments...efectivly being 6 months ahead all the time....imagine if even only a million people did like i did? score an extra 5 million quid...not impressed at all......

like when you take certain insurances etc these days, an extra charge is levied against you for paperwork incl Policy documents if not downloaded on the net it seems, trouble with this country commerce is flleeceing consumers on every front, because people let them get away with it.

Gone are the days it seems when fair trade came into everyday business, you bought a service/item and it was gift wrapped for you as appreciation of your esteem custom at no extra cost, also the days a policy taken out was sent to you included in the price,,look around you and see it happening every day.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad: