Motor Finance Debt

charlie_
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4640 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everybody,

This is my first post on CAG.

I've been reading through the forums for a few months now as I've got a debt hanging over me that requires sorting.

About 4 years I took out finance for a vehicle. Shortly after I crashed the car. Being young and stupid I didn't have the correct insurance to pay for fixing the vehicle. The vehicle was written off due to the damage caused.

A few months later I took some calls from the dealer chasing payment for the vehicle. I put off this payment (which wasn't actually long) until they simply stopped contacting me.

4 years later I've been contacted by a DCA asking for payment on the outstanding balance which amounts to approximately £5,500. I sent the 'prove it' template letter just to see what they had on me to which they replied with the original signed credit agreement.

I would like to erase my debt and have no problem gradually paying the debt off, but at the same time I don't wish to be screwed in to the ground by paying over the odds to this very pushy DCA company. I understand this is all my own fault, but naturally I would like to pay less than what they are asking for.

Any advise on what I should be doing would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

what shows on your cra file for this?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

what shows on your cra file for this?

dx

I don't actually know. I signed up to equifax and they told me I needed to upload a utility bill and a form of ID to their website.

As my partner pays all the bills(i pay her lump sum) I dont have a single utility bill in my name so I'm finding it hard to see my credit file. I'm trying to find a way asap.

I have omitted everything that I believe to be personal info. Please let me know if I have missed something :!:

Thanks

Charlie

ford agreement .pdf

well you've certainly got PPI to reclaim!

i'd ping postggj

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...