Cabot/Apex - Who to put into Dispute?

Anthony7
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4637 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, this is quite a simple question:

Apex have bought my old debt from Goldfish and have contacted me demanding payment. I have sent them a request for the original CCA. I then received a letter acknowledging my request from Caboot Financial, who are owned by Apex. Caboot however have given me a new reference number and they have a different address. They have also returned my £1 postal order.

Should I send my letter to put my account in dispute to Apex or Caboot? It probably does not matter however I was thinking they do this for a reason...

Your answers are much appreciated,

Anthony

tell us about the debt history please.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The debt, which I have not acknowledged, is around the £700 mark and was through a credit card owned by the Goldfish network. I stopped paying the payments around 4 years ago as I moved abroad. It would seem Apex/Cabot have purchased from Goldfish, their is no mention of assignment etc. in the letters.

As I am now back in the UK they have evidently tracked me to my current address.

Previous debts I have easily overcome simply by requesting the CCA and putting the account into dispute. I would rather see my credit rating go down than pay back the debt. Let me know if you need to know anything else.

Who ever you requested the CCA off regardless of the who you had the reply from should get the failed letter.

IMO I'd ignore anything else, is it on your CRF?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Yes it is. I shall reply to Apex, still seems strange that as soon as I request the CCA the next letter comes from Cabot, who have a different address, with no explanation.

Only by checking the net did I find out they were basically the same company...

So I have an Apex and a Cabot reference number regarding the same debt.

Seems very illogical, if it turns out to be a ploy on their part I shall post it on this forum.