PPi Refused first time how do i try again??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4655 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

PPi was refused when i first applied for it saying that i was not eligable, however i believe the law has enforced that they have too ?

Is this correct ?

Does anyone have a standard letter that i could adapt, have looked through the library however its all changed since i was last on here ( a while ago ) and i can seem to find my way around :(

Thanks x

hughes@consumeractiongroup.co.uk

Morgan & Stanley/ Goldfish / Barclaycard : F & F Offer accepted , appealing Default on CRA's-ongoing:!:

HSBC : Managed Loan .F & F Offer accepted , appealing Default on CRA's-ongoing:!:

Littlewoods: No CCA , PPI INsurance claim. Took to court. Charges refunded. WON :D appealing Default on CRA's- ongoing :|

Bones, you do not need a standard templated letter.. you just go to the FOS website and download their form. Complete it with all the information, make sure you keep a copy. Complete a spreadsheet up to date and attach.

Then just write a covering letter along the lines of.... Please find enclosed my completed reclaim form and spreadsheet.. etc, etc.

Is this a single premium PPI or a credit card claim you are making ?

Spread sheets below...

.[ATTACH]29865[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]29864[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]29866[/ATTACH]

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

hi :) Thanks for the response , its from a loan not a cc.

Do i choose which spreadsheet is applicable ??

Also if due to the PPI i have become overdrawn and incurred overdraft charges, what is the procedure with being able to claim these back.It has been several years since i claimed my first bank charges :)

I shall download the letter of the FOS and start trawling my way through the charges , i was just wondering whether it was worth sorting through the overdraft ones while was doing it .

Thanks again

Morgan & Stanley/ Goldfish / Barclaycard : F & F Offer accepted , appealing Default on CRA's-ongoing:!:

HSBC : Managed Loan .F & F Offer accepted , appealing Default on CRA's-ongoing:!:

Littlewoods: No CCA , PPI INsurance claim. Took to court. Charges refunded. WON :D appealing Default on CRA's- ongoing :|

Here you go bones.. have a read of the following. All your questions answered by ims21 with a spreadsheet at the end for you to use.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?318646-PPI-Single-Premium-Your-questions-answered

:)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Sadly, bank charges were scuppered by the Supreme Court. So I doubt you will be able to reclaim those.

Credit card charges were NOT affected by the Supreme Court ruling so you will be able to reclaim those.

I think you might have to prove that any charges were in fact a result of the PPI.. However, if you could.. then I can see no reason why you couldnt make an attempt to reclaim at least those.

BCOBS

Thanks again for the help ill have a read through :)

I too have had a claim rejected, went through to the ombusman who also ruled against me. In hindsight it was my own fault for not taking the time to puruse all documentation. I was turned down because I obtained my credit card on line where it was assumed that I had read all small print etc.

Is this correct?

Can I resubmit this claim as I believe the rules for claiming have been amended?

Many thanks

Humble