debt with asset link/financial

betty28
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4644 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My mum and dad have a debt for just under £4500 with asset link/financial i have provided them with a expenditure statement and they accepted £50 per month now they are asking for another expenditure statement from my mum and dad and have reminded my mum and dad about the court order they have in place my mum and dad are both pensioners and are living on state pension and my mums disability money they are both at their wits end thinking that if they don't offer a bit more each month they will be forced to sell their home to pay off the debt. Anyone have any ideas what i can do to help my parents

Whoa there! There will be no selling of anyone's homes to pay any debts...

Can you explain a bit more please, you mention a court order, do you mean a CCJ?

Was this defended at the time?

The debt is what exactly, a loan? Credit card?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

It was a loan with safestyle windows at first but because they fell behind with payments safestyle got asset link involved before mum and dad set up a plan to pay each month they applied to court a order to make them pay or sell the house for the debt mum and dad agreed to £150 at first because dad was working then mum became disabled so dad had to give his job up to look after her i managed to get them an appointment with a welfare rights advisor and in turn he got the payments dropped to £100 per month but that was all he could do mum and dad made a few payments of £100 but were finding it difficult because they were only getting benefits so i rang asset link and got the payments dropped to £50 per month after much haggling but now they are constantly asking for expenditure statements mum and dad are paying the £50 each month but sometimes it is a struggle for them so i pay it

Right, please try and relax, paragraph your comments, I will be able to read them much better, so will others.

Right, so it was for a safestyle windows loan?

What period was this over? 12 , 24, 48 months???

How was the original agreement taken out? By phone? In person?

How were the reduced payments agreed? Over the phone? In person?

What do your have in the way of written evidence|?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

mum and dad think the agreement was for 24 months it was done in person they have the paperwork

the reduced payments were made by letter mum and dad have all the paperwork

mum and dad have all paperwork relating to this matter

All i want is for them to be reasonable i think they keep asking for expenditure statements to see if mum and dad are telling the truth on their finances

This will be the classic ''double glazing salesman getting an agreement signed on private premises''

probably without explaining the terms and conditions of the contract and may well have PPI or similar

insurance added somewhere, even if it was inappropriate to their circumstances.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Asset link are clearly deluded......as are all of the rest of them in the murky world of debt collection.

It matters not what they demand or try to force your parents to do, I&E forms can ONLY be requested & viewed by a Judge, so their repeated requests for one can be ignored.

However that said, a 'proper' I&E form CAN be helpful in getting them to agree to your offer of payment, but it must be a proper legit recognised form, not one these clowns knock up that doesn't show anything.

If there is a court order in place for payments of £150 per month then could you please let us know if the reduced payments were agreed by Link or through the court. This is very important.

It is not unknown for Link to bend the truth and claim that they have a court order when in reality they have not.

If the repayments were set by the court then what you need to do is go back to the court to get a redetermination of the payments, others will confirm but I think the form that you need is an N244, If you look for information regarding this form then you will see what it involves.

If Link dont have a court order and are just being awkward send a letter to them offering what your parents can reasonably afford and no more than that if they refuse and go to court then payments will probably be set at a level that they can afford anyway.

Dont let the parasite dca's prosper

• 2 weeks later...