help with landlord

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4690 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi we rented a property off a neighbour who emigrated. Basically we did 6 months and then they sent us the contract to renew, we havny signed this and she is asking for it back now. We have had a few proplems with them and their attitude towards renting and basically not knowing what they are doing! I addvised them in an email today that we would not renew in december, she has come back and said ok, I'm comin in september and will bring a estate agent to take photos etc...as I acvtually have not givenm her official written notice can she still do this? And 2 as we are not actually in a contract can I give her 1 months notice now and still be entitled to claim my bond back?

The contract we had she wrote herself so probablys isn't woth anything anuway!!

Thanks

R

So, you moved in with a 6 month written contract?

So long as there is not a signed contract which is still current, then yes, you will be able to leave. However, there is only one day a month that you can leave, which is the last day of a tenancy period, and you must give a minimum of a months notice. http://tenancyanswers.ucoz.com/index/giving_notice/0-20

If the owner/landlord wants you to leave, you do not HAVE to leave unless the landlord obtains a court possession order. http://tenancyanswers.ucoz.com/index/being_evicted/0-21

Is your bond protected in a govenment approved scheme? http://tenancyanswers.ucoz.com/index/my_deposit_isn_t_protected/0-4

Hin the bond is in the protected scheme. We did sign the contract but did not email her it due to a scanner issue. I did however take a photo of just the last page that was signed and emailed her that! Can't see that being a problem as it doest have any details of the tenancy or the agreement signed.

She wants to send a estate agent round and market the property 3 months before we leave, surely for the lasyt 3 month of my tenancy I shouldn't have to show folk around! The last one maybe. I just want out now and my bond back!

Thanks

R

Can you clarify if the 'signed' agreement was the original, or one from 3 months ago? If the 3 month one, then it may be enough to convince a judge - bearing in mind that a tenancy contract does not even have to be written.

You have exculsive use of the property, which means that you do not need to allow anyone (even the landlord) access to the property. In the interest of good references, it may be best to come to a compromise - visits by appointment on Wednesday evenings or Saturday afternoons? In extreme circumstances, the landlord can obtain a court order to over-ride this.