1st Credit chasing citi card debt - Advice needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4695 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I need some advice please...I will try and keep it brief :-)

I defaulted on a Citibank credit card in 2008 (account was opened in 2002/3), the credit limit was £3,200 but by the time the debt had been sold to 1st Credit, I owed over £4k. I admit I buried my head in the sand and didn't do myself any favours (I wish I had known about this site back then). Anyway, 1st Credit started their constant letter writing and, despite me contacting them repeatedly by letter offering £40 a month, they would not respond to my offers, instead constantly writing insisting I phone them. They began their 'legal action' letters and threats of charging orders and statutory demands and I phoned them...Despite being heavily pregnant and about to go on maternity leave (with a substantial drop in income), they requested a lump sum or an increase in my monthly payment offer. So, with a baby due imminently and terrified I would lose my house (like I said, wish I had known about CAG back then), I commenced paying £60 a month by DD.

So, I was made redundant in January 2011 whilst on maternity leave with baby number 2 and am no longer in a position to pay £60 a month. I was going to contact them and explain the situation and offer a reduced sum until I am in a position to pay more but I sort of feel that they have had their pound of flesh and I am concerned about the reception I will get from them. I have paid over £2k of the balance now and I am sure they have recovered their money several times over.

What can anyone suggest is my best course of action? I could only offer £10 a month really (I have lots of other debt I am trying to sort...no doubt you will hear from me again :oops:) or a very small F&F figure. I am also not sure when I would be able to increase the payment amount as, with two pre-schoolers, I am looking at childcare costs of about £450 a week. This means my employment options are somewhat limited...

Anyway, thanks for reading if you got this far! Any advice would be fab, thank you

Hi

Firstly only deal in writing reagrdless of what they say.

Times have changed and you only pay them what you can easily afford after all other essential expenses. They can huff and puff all they like but it is you who call the shots.

Also I would look at reclaiming all of the late payment and over limit fees that have probably been applied to this account in the past.

Is there an ppi on the account that you can claim back?

Regards

ims

Agreed, work out an I&E for your personal use,

take all priority debts Rent/mortgage/council tax/utilities/

food/ clothing/ travel/ contingencies, emergencies, set against

your nett income this will tell you what you can reasonably afford

to pay.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Agreed, work out an I&E for your personal use,

take all priority debts Rent/mortgage/council tax/utilities/

food/ clothing/ travel/ contingencies, emergencies, set against

your nett income this will tell you what you can reasonably afford

to pay.

I really am left with nothing after my priority bills are paid (used the CCCS I/E form) so am trying to get it all sorted starting with the least important...like I said, I feel like I was bullied by them originally and that they have bled me dry!!!

I really am left with nothing after my priority bills are paid (used the CCCS I/E form) so am trying to get it all sorted starting with the least important...like I said, I feel like I was bullied by them originally and that they have bled me dry!!!

So make token payments of £1 per month.

Get the SAR off so you can get reclaiming the charges

Regards

ims

ok get a letter of to these people explain your position keep the letter simple only pay what you can..........sar the original creditor ...............await response from these people, once we get the info from the original creditor we will act............ Also ask for the cca from 1st credit......

Never pay by DD if you want to continue payment use a standing order

that you are in control of.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: