Tesco mobile complaint

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4692 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I opened a mobile phone contract with the 500 minutes and 5000 texts for £10 a month deal. I asked the salesman at Tesco Horwich, Bolton no less than 3 times if it would cost me more than £10 per month as the money was being taken out of my bank by Tesco. At all 3 times he promised me that £10 per month was the amount that would be taken. My bank statement arrived and guess what Tesco took £34, when I telephoned them I asked why did I not receive a text from Tesco Mobile saying that my credit was used or at or nearing the of my limit. I was told by the Tesco guy that we don't always send messages and I should have checked my allowance on line, meaning you have to check your computer to see if you can make a call, In my opinion Tesco are just (Edit). I have now closed my account with them and returned to ASDA.

Edited by maroondevo52
Removed unsuitable word

Thread moved.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Here is Tesco Mobile's "compaints code"

Code of practice for complaints handling

Introduction

We are committed to providing you with the best possible mobile telephony service. However, despite our best efforts things can go wrong and when they do we want to know so that we can put them right as soon as possible.

This code of practice gives information on how to contact Tesco Mobile and the procedures we follow to resolve complaints about sales, charging or general service. This complaints handling code of practice forms part of our communications consumer code of practice, available above, and from Customer Care on 0845 301 4455.

If you have a complaint

Please telephone Customer Care on 0845 301 4455. Our Customer Care Advisors will ask you about the nature of your complaint and seek to resolve the problem while you are on the line. If this is not possible we will agree a course of action with you.

You may also submit your complaint in writing to:

Tesco Mobile Ltd

Dumers Lane

Radcliffe

Bury

BL9 9QLOr via an e-mail enquiry to support@tescomobile.com

During any discussions we will protect the privacy of the information that we hold on you. We may have to ask you questions to confirm that we are speaking to the right person.

Escalation procedure

Should your complaint not be resolved to your satisfaction following this procedure, the complaint may be escalated within the company.

If we are unable to resolve your complaint satisfactorily, we will issue a ”deadlock” letter so that you may make a complaint through Otelo, an independent alternative dispute resolution scheme. We can provide you with details of this service. Alternatively if more than 8 weeks has passed since you first made your complaint, please contact the ADR scheme directly.

Personally, I'd fire off an email to the address shown, explain that you feel they missold the product to you, work out how much out of pocket you are and ask for them to refund it. I'd expect of you asked for the amount over the bill you were expecting (£24) and any other out of pocket expenses as long as you don't go wild should get refunded to you rather than them allowing a complaint to be escalated to Otelo (which has been renamed to "Ombudsman Services: Communications") as the complaint would actually cost Tesco for Ombudsman Services: Communications to deal with it.

If you write an email, include your full name, address, mobile acount number and mobile phone number, ask them to refund £xx or issue a DEADLOCK letter so you can escalate the complaint to Ombudsman Services: Communications as you were missold the product, I'd also remind them to give the staff in the Tesco Horwich, Bolton store a little more training on the mobile products as they lied and said the bill would never excede £10.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar