Ncp - pccn

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4605 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Advice needed.

Took my mate to Birmingham Airport.Parked in the drop and go controlled by NCP.

The rates are £1.00 per 10 mins...£2.00 per 20 mins...ok no problem.

When i returned after 30 mins (thinking the fee would be £3.00) put my ticket into the machine and asked for £12.50.I was shocked!!

Only had a £5.00 on me.So i complained to their customer service desk and as i didn,t have enough money on me had to fill in a form..no problem.I am waiting for a payment slip to come so i can pay it but a bill turns up today stating as i haven't paid the bill is now £50.00 and have 14 days to pay or else..the usual crap they come out with courts,solicitors etc.

Any advice on what i should do.Don't mind paying the £12.50 but sure as hell ain't paying £50.00.

Tried to phone but it's all automated

Normally I would say just ignore it as its a PPC but I think aiport parking is a slightly different ball game. Also, by filling in a 'form' you may have given the ammunition they need to take you to court. Have you got a copy of the form... if so, does it state anything about charging you an additional fee for not paying within a certian time?

Unless someone else acurately advises otherwise, if it were me, I would send them a cheque for the advertised charge for parking for the duration of your car was parked.

I've found the link to the parking charges; http://www.birminghamairport.co.uk/car-parking/parking-prices.aspx which suggests that you must of been parked in excess of 30 mins.

Edited by sailor sam

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the response.

I have no problem in paying what,s due but do i have to pay the additional £37.50.

That depends on what it stated on the form you signed and whether they are prepared to take you to court over it. I've added the link to the tariff to post #2. As previously stated, I would send them a cheque for £12.50 and see if they accept it. Write 'full and final payment' on the reverse and photo copy it.

Lets see what others have to say but I would get the cheque off as soon as possible.

Hi Sam,

By the time i had complained waiting at their "who can we mug now " desk i had exceeded 30 mins.

I will send them a postal order and does state in the form i signed about the extra charge etc and they also included a £2.50 admin charge in the original documentation...i've just re-read the form.

I will send them the monies £14.50 and they can swivel for the rest.

RIP OFF BRITAIN STRIKES AGAIN.!!!!!

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

Had a letter from ICC Legal Services threatening court action if i don't pay them £75.

I have proof of posting letter and the cashing of the postal order for the original fine£14.50.

Any advice or just ignore.

That is not necessarily true about the full and final settlement (Foakes v Beer), but their claim is almost certainly nonsense on other grounds.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

Hi All,

Thanks for all your responses.

When i sent the letter with the postal order i stated in full and final and they have subsequently cashed the postal order as confirmed by the post office and have records of postage etc.

If they want to take me to court then bring it on as i can prove that i have paid the fine.

I have sent all this proof to NCP in a previous letter i sent to them but they have ignored the proof for some reason and have passed it on to these clowns.

I am not worried one bit by DCA's as i have plenty of them on the go at the moment and they are all pish and wind with no authority whatsoever.

Hi,

Update.

Receieved another "legal proceedings "letter from ICC today dated 1st Nov.Exactley the same as the previous one.Sent this out before the time was up to respond to the first one.Also has a different reference number.

I sent letter basically to bog off and welcomed the opportunity for court...fecking idiots.

They like most DCA's have delusions of grandeur.

Shall now be passing this over to the OFT and TS.