URGENT HELP PLEASE - Bankruptcy petition advised only by Land Registry - Lowell/Hamptons!! - Newbie in distress..!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4697 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All,

I am urgently looking for some help & support - I just received a notice "B10 Notice of registration of a bankruptcy notice" informing me of "(22.07.2011) BANKRUPTCY NOTICE entered under section 86(2) of the Land Registration Act 2002 in respect of a pending action..." and giving me a reference to a petition entered in the High Court!!

This is the first thing I have heard from anyone and rang the court who confirmed a petition had been filed on 19/07/2011 by:

Lowell Portfolio Limited

Graheam Danby Solicitors

Case Ref: 921286839

Tel: 0113 3086043

Litigation Dept

Lowell Group

1 Apex View

Leeds

LS11 (BA8

(Exactly as above complete with what seems typo's).

AND I AM DUE TO APPEAR IN COURT on 06/09/2011 at 10:30am....!!

The court further told me they could not tell me what the amount was and the petitioner should have served documents on me and nothing would be sent by the court....

Had I not got the Land Registry letter I would have not known anything about this....???

I called the number given and the agent who answered the phone told me he did not recognise the reference number and when I asked who I should write to he gave me the following:

Hamptons

PO Box 173

Leeds

LS11 9WR

When I asked who they were as the names were different he said "we are all part of the same group" and the took my full name and address which I gave and then thought, hang on I don't know who I am actually talking too & declined to answer his further "security questions" and said I would write to them.

I am now very concerned and stressed out as it would seem that someone without any communication having been sent to me has actually petitioned for my bankruptcy which if not for the Land Registry letter I would have no idea was actually happening!

I suspect this may relate to an old credit card or bank O/D debt from around 2004/05 but at this stage I don't know...

Question is what should I do now:

a) Apply to the court to have the petition hearing stayed, struck out and/or set aside?

b) Write to Lowell/Hamptons/Graheam Danby and ask them to produce all paperwork?

c) Advise Land Registry that I have no proper knowledge of the debt?

Please let me know what you would suggest I do - a) or a) & b) or all of the above & any template docs much appreciated.

Presumably the petitioning creditor should have served a Stat Demand, identified what the debt is & how they have any rights to it - i.e. Assignment, purchased, etc.

Further can I demand that they produce statements & the like because if it is the creditor I think it might be, it should now be barred by limitation as there has been no contact over the years?

Any help & advice very gratefully received...

Many thanks

Barry

PS I hope I have posted this in the right place this time!

IMHO ALL of the above.

You should request DSAR to start the ball rolling concerning any and ALL data they hold on you.

You should write to the address given on the letter, ALSO send a copy to the address, the retard gave you. ( MAKE SURE you send them registered post and keep proof).

At this stage you are trying to find out what this is for, so wording in your letter should state something along the lines of, IE,' I have received notice from land registry etc. I have not received anything from Lowells whatsoever prior to this notice.

At the end of the letter, ' I reserve the right to show evidence of this letter to you should your company continue with this application at court'

The only letter I have is from Land Registry, the remainder of the information is from the court and following my call to the number given by the court.

Should I just go to the court tomorrow and at least apply for the hearing to be stayed as it is just over a month away....?

Your thoughts?