Bryan Carter for Simply be

lababy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3211 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I received a letter from Bryan carter recently giving me 10 days to pay the £199 that is outstanding for a simply be debt from last year.

I sent off my request for a CCA and

today recieved it from Simply be in the form of an print out of the credit agreement with my 'electronic' signature on it,

alos included were a copy of the account showing payments and

also a copy of their terms and conditions.

What should I do about this debt?

Should I challange it any further?

Many thanks

Vix

• 2 weeks later...

It was an online account that I had last year and due to my husband being made redundant I had problems paying, hence why carter has got hold of it, It is only for £199 but obvously I cannot afford to pay that in one go.

Hi

I assume you don't dispute that you owe Simply.

What I would do (if you haven't already) is work out how much you can afford to pay each month to clear the debt.

Write to Simply and tell them of your change in cisrcumstances and that you will pay them an amount of £x (an amount you can easily afford)

You can, if you wish, copy the letter to Carter.

Have you checked your Credit File to see if a default has been registered or have you received a default notice from Simply?

Regards

ims

Hi

Ok

I just think its better to deal with Simply as they can't have what you ain't got. Also, maybe set up a standing order to them rather than a direct debit...that way you can control it.

Shout if you need more help.

Regards

ims

IMS is right if you can keep the account with the OC it's usually

easier to deal with them.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I begged and begged Simply be to give me their bank details so I could set up a standing order to pay them, but they wouldn't so in the end I just gave up trying. Good luck with getting their details, whatever you do don't let them trick you into setting up a direct debit. Send them a PO each month if thats the only way, and don't forget to write your account number on the back.

At least if it ever was escalated to court

action you can show you have done YOUR best

to resolve the problem!!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

They do make it very hard to make reduced payments but if your account is recent or you took it out online, you must try. As I say don't let them set up direct debits, they can't be trusted and they take what they want, not what you can pay.

• 4 years later...

Hi.

I have an old debt from a mail order catalogue.

It currently stands at £199 and is due to fall off my credit record next june,

however I am trying to get myself back in the black

and was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction

of how to get them to consider a reduced amount and also how much I should offer to pay back.

I am a registered carer for my 2 disabled boys so am out of employment at the moment.

Kind regards.

Unless you have a really good reason not to I'd be inclined to leave it be.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Dont even bother with it. Just leave it be. They havent chased you or done anything so far, so just wait the 10 months, let it fall off, and thats the end of it. Pay it off now, and youve pretty much wasted 199 as the default will still be there regardless.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

old and new thread merged

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I am just trying to clean up my credit file. I havent had a letter off them for a few years :/. Guess it is just best to leave it then. I only have that and a credit card on on there. The rest are phone contracts which are all in good standing.

is the entry defaulted?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

From what it looks like it is defaulted DX as the OP mentions it clears off next year...

I wouldnt stir the hornets nest at this point. Is it still with Bryan Carter?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I think the fact that BC haven't pursued it in all these years suggests they'd struggle to prove it was owed. Keep your money for more important things for your family. ;)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Don't forget to check your statements to see if the OC added late fees to the account! If further action is taken then demand they remove the fees and this could reduce/wipe out he debt...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.