Stalemate with Littlewoods Please Help

Dydie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4706 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

I purchased a top spec laptop from Littlewoods less than a month ago, which is faulty - it keeps coming up with a warning about cooling system failure.

I phoned and spoke to Toshiba tech support who told me it was a critical hardware failure and I should return it for replacement.

I phoned and spoke to Littlewoods who told me I had to phone Toshiba for a faulty goods reference number.

Went back to Toshiba who this time said I should return it for repair .... No I said .... I want a replacement, I am not happy to have such a new machine repaired it's obviously not fit for purpose.

Fine he said and gave me the required reference number.

Went back to Littlewoods who said they would arrange for collection to get it repaired ... Again NO I say and go over the above.

This is where it all gets sticky ..... Littlewoods say it's over 28 days old so I have to accept a repair (if a repair is possible)

I asked how long I have had it and am told I ordered it on the 6th June .... No what day was it delivered I asked .... 8th of June I'm told .... My memory is pretty bad but I am sure it wasn't delivered that quickly so I asked for proof of delivery to be sent.

She ignores this request and continues to argue with me about wanting a replacement, I told her it's not fit for purpose and I want a replacement or I will reject the item and send it back to them.

She tells me she will not authorise a collection unless I agree to accepting a repair and if I send it myself they will not accept it as returned because it has not come through their own system :mad2:

Please can someone tell me what to do next and what my rights are here .... obviously i will not speak to them on the phone anymore, but I'm not sure what to write:???:

I really don't want a repair on such a new laptop not to mention the inconvenience of not having it for however long it takes them to repair!

Many thanks