Urgent Advise Needed - Regarding holiday booking!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4722 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I could use some advise.

Me and 3 friends booked a holiday in our local town's travel agent. We were given the price of 600.00 per person. We then asked the travel agent directly if we booked online with their company would it be cheaper and she advised no would be the same price. So we paid for it

When i got home i checked their website and found the exact same holiday (airports, board, rooms transfers) for almost 200 less.

Should i contact them and ask for the difference back or do i not have a leg to stand on . Please respond

Many Thanks

The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 give you more than a leg to stand on.

It is a strict liability criminal offence, for the misleading action of a trader with something for sale to cause or be "likely to cause the average consumer to take a transactional decision he would not have taken otherwise, taking account of its factual context and of all its features and circumstances."

Reminded of the fact, they may prefer to grant a discount, rather than be prosecuted, or you may prefer to prosecute, anyway.

"It shall be the duty of every enforcement authority to enforce these Regulations."

If this was a verbal discussion then I doubt you have a leg to stand on? You could enquire with the travel agent about cancelling the booking and what fees are available - if they are less then the cost of the new booking then you could save yourself a few quid that way?

I am afraid they will say no..I would lodge a complaint with their customer services department as the agent mislead you..

I have been in Travel for over 15 years and the internet does pose a problem to the branches but at least you can talk to your agent a PC wont answer you...

The short answer is you are now bound by the T&C and a cancellation will cost approx £110 per person..

Sorry

I am afraid they will say no..I would lodge a complaint with their customer services department as the agent mislead you..

I have been in Travel for over 15 years and the internet does pose a problem to the branches but at least you can talk to your agent a PC wont answer you...

The short answer is you are now bound by the T&C and a cancellation will cost approx £110 per person..

Sorry

If you are saving £200 per person on the holiday, but it'll cost you £110 to realise that saving then you know what to do... Hello an extra £90 spending money!

You should not have to pay to cancel.

Magistrates make victim compensation orders when the offenders are convicted, and it does happen that convictions are achieved on the strength of verbal evidence.

If the suspicion is that they knew perfectly well, that a significant discount is available online, they should not be allowed to get away with lying about it.

Conspiracy to defraud is an indictable offence, subject to a citizen's arrest if need be.