LLoyds Tsb loan, doesn't seem fair. Please help

Imortal
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4717 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Around three years ago we applied for a loan of £25000 (Payment £393) through our online banking, it was accepted a year later we applied again for a further £12000 (payment (£234) same method. the money was in our joint account within two minutes of applying both times. I myself was only working part time for an agency earning around £400 a month, i now do have a part time job earning £600 a month. I am going through a break up with my husband, i called lloyds tsb to ask them how we go about the repayment if me and my husband could split the loan between us. I was told that the loan was all in my name and that my husband isn't liable for the payment. I told them that we applied on our joint account and i always assumed that the loan was a joint one. We never had a loan aggreement to sign as they took the password from the keyfob as proof of signature. I asked how they could justify giving me loans with a total of £37000, when i only ever earned a maximum of between £400-£600 a month, they said it was due to our account score and how it was managed. Its obvious to me that my husbands income was the reason the loan was accepted (£2000 a month) but he now doesn't have to pay it.

I dont know what to do as now my husband has found this information out, he is refusing to pay the direct debit.

Is there anything i can do?

Can i just add. My husband has paid this on time for the last three years. We both thought it was a joint loan. Is there anyway i can force Lloyds tsb to split it with him?

Hi.I think you will find Lloyds have shot themselves in the foot.

They have accepted the loan based on your joint incomes,if they insist that the loan is based on your income only which they seem to claim,that is irresponsible lending,so states their own organisation BBA and OFT along with FOS.

Make an appointment with your friendly bank manager and see what his/her attitude is,before seeing him have a good read online of the 3 organisations the OFT is very clear in this matter, and a good pdf download to take to the bank if needed

Regards FS

Edited by firstship

Hi.I think you will find Lloyds have shot themselves in the foot.

They have accepted the loan based on your joint incomes,if they insist that the loan is based on your income only which they seem to claim,that is irresponsible lending,so states their own organisation BBA and OFT along with FOS.

Make an appointment with your friendly bank manager and see what his/her attitude is,before seeing him have a good read online of the 3 organisations the OFT is very clear in this matter, and a good pdf download to take to the bank if needed

Regards FS

Thankyou for taking time to reply to my post.

How have they shot themselves int he foot? If it is irresponsible lending, what can i do? can i make a complaint or will it be a case of them spliting the loan between the two of us. We have never missed a payment. I have spoke to them and explained the situation, they have placed our account on restrictions and they closed my credit card aswell. Do you have links that i can read to help me?