AOL Broadband/telephone package

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4731 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I signed up for an 18 month package with AOL who have been my internet provider for years.In the last few weeks I've been having shut downs of site, been unable to read my email, been unable to send e mail, being unable to open web pages (just getting blank windows), can't open the Help Page, can't open My Account page, can't access on line technical help and much much more. I have no problems with Google Chrome (my other browser) so it's obviously an AOL fault. These are intermittent faults but sufficient to be very annoying. When I say intermittent - sometimes 2 or 3 times in 4 hours. The final straw was when I spoke on landline to a so called senior technician I was told it was all because my computer is slow. I realise my computer is slow but I allow for that.My question is - can I get AOL to cancel the contract on the grounds that they are'nt fulfilling their responsibilities?

If chrome works, then your broadband is working. Personally I'd not use the AOL software at all.

Your computer running the AOL software plays no part in the contract unfortunately. If you want advice on getting your computer up to a higher spec, and clear out any unwanted software etc, start a thread here.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar