Six year rule?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6482 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Finally got my statements after six weeks. It was six years worth and charges amount to £400, eight years ago i was continually going overdrawn as a student and young male and paid almost £1000 in charges in those two years.

Has anyone successfully claimed back through Halifax after 6 years?

Hi Pnicho.

I have'nt heard of anyone going further back.There is a limitation's rule of 6 years for bank accounts, but 12 years for mortgages.If you repaid a penalty like an ERC or a late payment charge,then you could claim those.

Regards Ukaviator..

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

if i were you i would claim all the charges back a wait for them to say we wont pay those other 2yrs of charges as they are out of date!!! see what happens they wont chuck the whole case out because of the other 2yrs,they will just say all they really owe is 6yrs worth. you have nothing to lose!!! just claim the whole lot and hope for the best as i did with woolwich it never got to court and they paid what i asked for--it might work for you-cheers LES