Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

How about a few complaints to the Plain English Society ?

They would have a field day with the gibberish put out by these outfits - I certainly made good use of the red pen every time I had the misfortune to be presented with any document :madgrin:

LOL I used to do that, best teacher voice 'When you write 'there' do you infact mean 'their' or perhaps even 'they're'?'

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay I have delved into my archives and uncovered the telephone harassment letter which never fails:

Name & Address

- HARASSMENT WARNING -

WARNING: PROTECTION FROM HARASSMENT ACT 1997

WARNING: COMMUNICATIONS ACT 2003. s127.

Telephone Number: Your phone number (s)

Re: Harassment by Telephone

Date

Dear Sir/Madam

Your Reference: I would put your NI number here

I am writing in relation to the telephone calls I have received from your organisation, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I now require the telephone number(s) listed above to be completely removed from your systems.

I am of the view that your calling puts you in breach of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

This is a private telephone line, operated on a contract with the intention of receiving and making personal telephone calls, I have not authorised anyone to receive calls from your organisation using this PRIVATE TELEPHONE LINE.

By using this telephone number without my permission you are interfering with my ability to use my own private property for the duration of any call.

It is my right to require that this telephone line, which is licensed solely to me, be kept clear for my own personal calls.

It is consequently my view that you are committing the tort of interference with contract insofar as for the duration of each call you make to me without my permission, you are interfering with my contractual right to receive and make personal calls on my private telephone line.

Continued interference with my contractual rights in this manner will result in legal action.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to the Office of Communications, Trading Standards and the Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable for a substantial fine.

Be advised that all telephone calls from your company are recorded.

Kind Regards

If a work programme representative continues to call you when you are no longer claiming JSA send this and never discuss anything with them on the phone. 'Thank you for your call. Click'

Edited by Raven1

Whilst we're on the subject of 'taking control of the conversation.'

The following is now a permanent fixture at the bottom of any CV or Covering Letter I might send out in the future.

'I do not consent to giving the DWP Jobcentre or any Work Programme Provider or Subcontractor any feedback on either a job interview or job application.'

• 2 weeks later...

What's a WUM?

As someone who was singled out for particular attention in *the post* I say this in response, this thread is about self respect; refusing to let yourself be brought down by the unacceptable behaviour of others. And certainly not about starting to behave like them.

One of my favourite quotes is: 'No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.'

But sometimes we all need a helping hand and thankfully others are often happy to give it, and later on you can become the helper.

I started this thread (what seems like a very a long time ago now) because my very first appointment with ingeus left me feeling like a tearful nervous wreck, and seeking help online I could find nothing specific to Ingeus out there.

Today the 'advisor' would get some softly spoken advice about the unacceptability of bullying. Followed by the appropriate remedial action if they persisted.

It's called empowerment.

• Haha 1

I know it won't help on this occasion but in future if you have any changes made to appointments insist they set out the change in writing and sign it. I would go so far as making a special trip into their office to get this. You simply cannot trust them to update their systems as this man found out.

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/Post-helps-job-hunter-win-appeal/story-19155342-detail/story.html#axzz2VY0FkiCO

Unfortunately unless recorded verbal exchanges or even email between third parties count for nothing

Although I don't think you will have any difficulty putting this right; just make sure you complain about all parties concerned.

• 4 weeks later...

I remember one visit to the job centre when the desk clerk asked me about something which I had covered fully on my job search record.

I pointed this out to him and he said 'I didn't look at it' so I just smiled sweetly and said 'It's lucky I haven't got my recording device running today isn't it?'

I've never seen anyone go from calm to all red and flustered - in the manner of Cameron - in such a short space of time and he seemed to view me somewhat wearily after that.

Happy days...

• 4 weeks later...

Latest universal Job Match abuse https://jobsearch.direct.gov.uk/GetJob.aspx?JobID=2822573 when you apply you are taken to http://www.jsajobs.org.uk/market-research-job-application/ where you are able to submit all your personal info to' Light Speed Research / My Survey'

A survey and competition site.

• 2 months later...

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/no_legal_reasons_a_member_of_the?unfold=1#incoming-315841

I don't know if this has been posted on here before & frankly I haven't the time to check :) but it might be worth making a copy and taking it along with you to your appointments in order to produce it if your right to record is ever challenged.

Edited by Raven1

• 1 month later...

Send them this it's a oldie but goody

(Address )

- HARASSMENT WARNING -

WARNING: PROTECTION FROM HARASSMENT ACT 1997

WARNING: COMMUNICATIONS ACT 2003. s127.

Telephone Number: (your number)

Re: Harassment by Telephone

(date)

Dear Sir/Madam

Your Reference: (National Insurance Number)

I am writing in relation to the telephone calls I have received from your organisation, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I now require the telephone number listed above to be completely removed from your systems.

I am of the view that your calling puts you in breach of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

This is a private telephone line, operated on a contract with the intention of receiving and making personal telephone calls, I have not authorised anyone to receive calls from your organisation using this PRIVATE TELEPHONE LINE.

By using this telephone number without my permission you are interfering with my ability to use my own private property for the duration of any call.

It is my right to require that this telephone line, which is licensed solely to me, be kept clear for my own personal calls.

It is consequently my view that you are committing the tort of interference with contract insofar as for the duration of each call you make to me without my permission, you are interfering with my contractual right to receive and make personal calls on my private telephone line.

Continued interference with my contractual rights in this manner will result in legal action.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to the Office of Communications, Trading Standards and the Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable for a substantial fine.

Be advised that all telephone calls from your company are recorded.

Kind Regards

• 1 month later...

Just thought this might be useful.

Of course you would have to tell them where you are applying and who offers you employment for the changes to be of any use to them. And remember you do not have to tell the job centre why you are ending your claim, just need to supply and end date.

http://refuted.org.uk/2013/12/29/cashforconsent/

• 3 months later...

http://www.totaljobs.com/JobSearch/JobDetails.aspx?JobId=59416350

Salary:

£22,500 per annum + excellent benefits

Company:

Ingeus

Sector:

Date posted:

07/05/2014 12:07

Job Description:

When you join Ingeus as an Employment Advisor, every client will be different. They'll have different backgrounds, different needs and different goals.

It's why we look for people with so many qualities - people who can adapt their approach to any and every situation. It could be that you need to instil a sense of confidence in someone who's been out of work for a long time, for example.

Or that you need to persuade a big local employer to consider one of your clients for a role when they've already got a strong shortlist. Whatever the situation, it's your empathy, resilience and communication skills that will make the difference - and help people on that all-important path back to a better long-term future.

Are you ready to show us what you're made of?

About Ingeus

Ingeus is one of the UK's leading welfare-to-work providers. Since 2002, we've helped over 180,000 clients into suitable, lasting work. What's more, we've been placed in the Sunday Times Best 100 Companies to Work for list for the last four years.

For you, it means the opportunity to help change people's lives for the better as part of a company that goes out of its way to support its teams in achieving their own goals.

As an Employment Advisor your main responsibilities will involve:

Finding ways to help people from all walks of life back into work

Providing guidance on everything from CV writing to interviews

Getting to know local employers, and encouraging them to meet with and interview your clients

Quickly getting to grips with your clients' backgrounds and career goals, and keeping them motivated and focused

As an Employment Advisor your skills and qualifications will ideally include:

The empathy it takes to engage with all sorts of people, and the confidence to challenge them if you need to

The ability to handle different cases at the same time in an environment where everyone has targets to achieve

Excellent communication skills, including the ability to motivate and inspire others

A tenacious approach, especially when it comes to bringing other people around to your way of thinking

Ingeus welcomes applications from all sections of the community.

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Former ingeus employee regards long term sick as 'deadbeats'

“I worked near the national stadium ”

Former Employee - Employment Advisor in London, England

Doesn't Recommend

Negative Outlook

I worked at Ingeus full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The tube station was across the road from the building

Cons

You will meet the worst humanity has to offer. Aggressive, uneducated, ignorant, lazy, arrogant, sneaky and poor social skills - that's enough about the PDMs, let's talk about the clients. Your small caseload will be long term sick and long term never done a days work in their lives. Your job is to get 8 people per month into work lasting more than 6 months. You will have to see 12 of these deadbeats per day, whilst undertaking endless pointless admin work against a backdrop of your manager shouting at you and threatening to sack you. Even if you can resist the urge of giving your pdm a back handed slap, this job will drain any goodness you may have and you will end up hating unemployed people. You will probably give some serious consideration to taking your own life. I could not put into words or convey how horrible this job has become. The PDM in my office was hated by the whole company yet she was held up by senior management as the troubleshooter. Maybe this had more to do with her low cut tops ( it certainly wasnt because of her ability as she didn't have any as a manager) Her presence would make you want to vomit. Management have a contemptuous attitude towards staff. They will remind you daily of how grateful you should be for getting paid a decent salary. ( btw, What they pay you is not enough to put up with all the things in this job)

Show Less

Advice to Management

In case you are to thick to realise, all employees are looking for another job. All of them. I salute you, you have managed to destroy what was once a great place to work. I hope you're proud.'

Most of the people writing these reviews sound like sociopaths themselves read more at the link below

If I was still with them I'd be tempted to print a couple out and ask them for their comments...

https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Ingeus-Reviews-E303238.htm?utm_source=watcher&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=watch-n&utm_content=wat-n-