Santander Repossessing due to ex stopped paying mortgage..advice needed.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4756 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

3 years ago my husband and I split up. He lives in England and I still live in the family home. I never went through with divorce due to having mental health issues. I am on incapacity benefit. I always just posted any mail to my husband that came here addressed to him. On Friday I received a letter addressed to occupier and I was devestated to find it was a "Notice of Calling up of Standard Security" from Santander. My husband then admitted he had mortgage arrears of £8000 and had not opened any letters from them..he also could not face telling me this!!! I contacted Santander but they would not speak to me without my husbands written permission. I asked him to write a letter, which I hope he has. I have also made an appointment with a lawyer but that is not until Thursday this week. Now somebody has sellotaped a letter addressed to him on my door. I dont want to open it, but dont know what to do with it. I badly need advice..this is my home I have no where else to go, I have no children living here, I have no other income other than what he agreed to give me and my incapacity benefit. I am still under a psychitrist and unable to work. Can they evict me from my house and make me homeless because of this. I also should point out I live in scotland. Any advice would be really appreciated.

Edited by greendykes
spelling mistake

Hi there, is the mortgage only in his name?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi thanks for replying, my computer been down past few days. Yes the mortgage is only in his name as is the title deeds. I had bad credit score at the time and wasn't working due to illness..so was adviced this was the best option to secure mortgage. We were married at the time and we still are.