Scouserlad V Lloyds TSB Credit Card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4760 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I opended a complaint on the 22nd February 2011 to complain about the PPI on my mothers credit card. Since then i have had a few automated letters and 15 + phone calls with the case manager based in PPI customer care (credit cards) Newport, they can not advise how much has been charged in ppi, they have no issue a res ponce to the complaint because the members of the broad are still setting up the procedures in order to deal with the ppi complaints fairly. What should i do now ? they will not make any progress and have advised it could be another month minimum before anything starts to proceed.

Hi scouserlad

IMHO they shouldn't be delaying things like this.

options are

1 - wait it out

2 - prepare the figures yourself and get pushing.

Can I ask the circumstances as to the basis of the claim for a refund of ppi?

Does your mother have all of the statements? If not you may want to send a subject access request to the bank. This will cost you £10 but will yield all the information they hold in connection with your mum's dealings with them. It will include all the statements and a lot of other stuff too. From this information you can find out what ppi premiums were paid on this card and prepare your claim.

As it is a credit card you can reclaim all of the pp payments plus compund interest at their purchase rate.

You have the choice as to whether to go to fos with the claim (very slow) or via the court route. Check out some more threads on ppi claims.

Hope this helps

ims

Hi

The credit card was opened in 2003 and until i made a complaint about a different issue of the card sale she was never aware or made aware that she had ppi thus no claims on it. When Lloyd's sold her the credit card she was out of work just come out of hospital. I'm sorry to say that she does not have the statements.

Thanks