Dealer never took deposit but wants it now

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4778 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks my first post and looking for some advice.

3 weeks ago we went for a new car, found one we liked and signed a couple of forms.

The next week we went and collected the car and signed the forms for the finance deal, got a receipt from the dealer (Mazda) saying our balance is zero.

Today my wife had to phone the dealer about something and they said to her that there had been a mix up and we owed them £220 because they had forgotten to take a deposit for the car and the final price on the receipt included a deposit that we had not payed.

Can I ask what is your thoughts on this? Do I have to pay the £220 or do I not pay and I say to the dealer I have a receipt showing the balance is zero therefore I owe nothing.

Many thanks

Hi folks thanks for the replies.

postggj the finance agreement does mention "Advance payment" but does not show any breakdown of this advance payment.

jeepstar I did notice on the receipt there was a deposit listed but was never asked for any at the showroom and we only found out they were looking for it after we had phoned them regarding something different.

Cheers

Could be problem if you have to go back to the dealer with any fault with car though! may not not get the best of treatment.

If it is a genuine error on their part, suggest you pay it.

Hi folks

Thanks for all the replies, I sent a cheque off today to cover the deposit.

I felt, as some of you have said, that we had agreed the price and as I had already got some discounts and freebies thrown in I could not let the salesman get a rough time.

Thanks again.

Well if you have a receipt saying you have paid in full, it would look like you owe no more. Did you know you owed the £220? If not I'd say forget it.

What a morally reprehensible post.