disabled bus pass not being renewed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4764 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

my neighbour needs advice.

she has a disabled bus pass thats due for renewable.

shes in receipt disablement benefit and has a blue badge. she recieved a letter asking to attend an assessment. she told them they should also request a copy of her GPs medical files due to all her ailments. they told her they would not request any files and they just wanted to do an assessment.

she had the assessment and received this letter today

http://s1176.photobucket.com/albums/x325/queensclose/?action=view&current=121.jpg

i.ve just been looking at some of her paperwork. the blue badge was renewed automatically from previous medical records. the disablement benefit says for life.

also she has a letter from 2007 when she went back to work thanking her for finding a job and if it does not work out she can go straight on to incapacity benefits

in 2006 she attended dwp assessment which informed her she did not need to submit any more doctors note for incapacity benefits and would be for life.

her problem is was involved in accident in 2001 which affects walking. now using a stick and sometimes crutches awarded compension in 2002 £22000 and made redundant on medical grounds

i think it maybe she has the disability car. but to be fair she mainly uses public transport. mainly the tram or train and shes working full time

any advice off you guys would be grateful

:???: what me. never heard of you never had a debt with you.

Your neighbour should apply to the issuing authority of the buss pass for a disabled pass application form, they will know what you mean! Fill it in and get her local GP to write a/an covering note of her problems then send it off. Keep the current pass until the new one is issued. If she's got one already it's worth a phone call to see if they are to renew it when it expires in x months time? The DWP have nothing to do with it!

We are talking about the '60's and over' bus pass with exemptions for those with dibilitating circumstances? I'm thinking something is well wrong with this! Bus passes are directly fund by the Government via the issuing authority not the DWP thus not based on benefits. Find out who your local Councillor is, get them to rectify this. Tell them that West Sussex County Council issue with that priviso despite cutting centres for this that and everything else, no doubt the same applies your end. Remember Cameron saying " we're not cutting bus passes"! it applies here!!!

It might be just me but I think that because she has a car and blue badge they think it is enough. So sadly she can't go green and must use the car.

If she is disabled in the view of her GP, then this company is guilty of the DDA. Whether she has a blue badge or not is irrelevant. This company would find themselves in very hot water if they refuse to issue a disabled concession when the person is clinically classified as disabled by her GP, the DWP, DLA and her local council!

Thanks

I just drafted a letter requesting the qualifications of the assessor and copy of the guidelines of the transport agency and why they think the GPs records are irrelevant

Thanks

It might be just me but I think that because she has a car and blue badge they think it is enough. So sadly she can't go green and must use the car.

This is irrelevant. Whilst there are a few criteria that state you must have been refused a driving licence, the walking criteria isn't one of them. I do know people who have a car and a bus pass.

Working full-time doesn't matter. I worked full-time over Christmas - yet, was and still am entitled to a bus pass.