style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4773 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Me and my housemate moved out of our rented property on the 28th November 2009.

we then moved to a new property just down the road where we paid concil tax from the move in date.

The council are trying to make us pay for the month after when we wasn't living there. we have called the council numerous times to tell them this along with emailing them and contacting our landlord to ask her to sort it direct.

the council asked for a copy of the tenancy agreement which i sent via post but they said they didn't receive it.

I have emailed the council and copied the landlord in pleading with them to resolve as this isnt our issue.

well since then the baliffs have got involved and been to our old property demanding money and the bill has gone from 185 pounds to 415 pounds. we shouldn't have any bill what so ever. Today i have emailed the council and the landlady again asking for this to be resolved between them selves, we are also sending another copy of the tenancy from the agency via recording delivery to the council tomorrow.

the landlady isnt replying to us, can anyone offer any advise on what we should do next?

Contact the council and ask them

How many liability orders have they got on you

When were they obtained,

How much are they for Important as councils will try to bill you for a full year, even if you are only liable for a month

And bailiffs will add their fees ad nauseum

You need to check any tenancy agreements for a termination date, and send the council proof as to when you moved out and therefore any liability ceased.

Send this proof with a letter of complaint marked FORMAL COMPLAINT to CEO of council, Head of Revenues, Complaints dept, Council Leader (political elected member) councillor and your MP

stating that as you are in dispute, the obtaining of a liability order and passing the account to bailiffs may well be maladministration, and when you have exhausted the complaints procedure you will be looking at progressing the complaint to the Ombudsman.

In the meantime you don't have to deal with the bailiff, move any motor a fair way away, don't let him in, If you phone him make sure you can record the call, the bailiff is an accomplished liar bully and cheat, who will do anything to get in and levy on goods, so, he cannot force entry, bring locksmiths, Thor's Hammer, The Gorgon, have you carted off to jail; use your toilet, phone, or come in to discuss the matter to avoid embarassment of talking on the doorstep.

Others will be along later no doubt to give further advice.

BTW if the bailiff turns up try to film him as evidence, he will either go away pdq or threaten you with all manner of nasty consequences for illegally filming him without permission, it is all garbage, you are perfectly entitled to do so.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Can you let us know whether you are still with the same council.

Has the bailiff been into your property. if not then dont let them in.

You really need to speak to the manager of the benefits and revenue department.

If you can, fax them the copy of your tenancy agreement so you know that they have got it, if not visit the council and hand it to them requesting a receipt.

• dx100uk changed the title to CTAX old Property - now Bailiffs