• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Non Practising Solicitor threatening court for nursery dinner debt

joeblogs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4774 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There will be NO county court action that amount will be dealt with by the small claims track (IMO)

She is simply punching well above her weight, I would respond with exactly what you have described on here, telling her that her idle threats of court action will be robustly defended, and that you have already spoken with the law society regarding her "Non practising solicitor" line on her letters, and they are very interested in following this up.

(People in glass houses!!!)

If she does not even have the common decency to speak to you with a civil tongue and treat you like a human being then you will not enter into ANY correspondence with her.

This is an honest mistake caused by her staffs confusion, this is nothing whatsoever to do with any legal action, but if she wants to push it that way then you will only be too happy to oblige and counter sue.

Tell her to ruddy well grow up and stop acting like her damn pupils! Where do these fools get off? What goes on in their tiny minds? One sniff of a little bit of power and it corrupts!!!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Small claims track, is basically a legal process you and I or anyone else can use to recover money up to £5,000, I am wrong in saying that it won't go to county court, as that is exactly where the small claims are held! (Naughty Boo!)

Certainly writing to her is the best step forward, and this will ensure YOU have a paper trail of evidence should you need it later on. But honestly, to threaten you with legal action straight off, is pathetic and very puerile!

All you need do is explain everything as you have done above, put it in writing, either post it OR hand deliver it to her personally, which might bring her to her senses? And go from there.

The small claims track is a moderate measure: a process that takes place in the County court for dealing with cases in which one or more parties have been unable to resolve their disputes by other measures. Small claims tracks are to be used as a last resort—when all other methods of resolution have failed to provide a solution to a dispute between parties. If a claimant is seeking compensation, particularly in terms of money up to £5,000, then the small claims track may provide them with the resolution they have failed to obtain otherwise.

http://www.sfla.co.uk/litigation/small-claims.htm

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Oh I can think of a few choice words to tell her! But it needs to be succinct and very firm.

Dear Miss Knickers in a twist,

Thank you for your letter dated dd/mm/yyyy, the contents of which have been carefully noted.

It would appear from your comments that you do not have the full facts to hand, or you have chosen to ignore them. I will gladly put you right on a number of issues you have raised but first I would just like to bring you back down a peg or two and inform you that I have indeed sought legal advice with your claims that you will be pursuing legal action regarding this disputed amount.

And secondly I have also taken the time to speak with the Law society, sending them your correspondence claiming to be a "Non practising Solicitor" and their findings are somewhat different to your version.

It is in your interest to open up a mature dialogue with me surrounding this issue caused solely by the 'acting manager' at the time, if you would refrain from attempting to threaten and intimidate me with your claim to be a 'non practising solicitor' 'court costs' and 'interest' then you will find this issue can be brought to a satisfactory conclusion.

Demanding that I pay £5 a week and that I must respond to you by a certain date is extremely rude and offensive, and most certainly not what one would expect from someone of your position.

I look forward to your response, and explanation as to why the acting manager found it impossible to tell a parent if their child was in fact entitled to free meals for over 4 months? I hope that you are able to correspond with me showing some respect.

Yours sincerely,

Edit to suit, you don't even have to use it, but it just gets my goat how some people feel they can act toward others with no or little impunity! Well I've not even started, I take it this is a local playgroup/toddler group? You can always start asking the local authority (council) if they have had any other complaints regarding this woman, and then inform them that you feel her fitness to hold such a licence to run this place is somewhat questionable!

Either cut it out totally or simply remark, "I have also been in touch with the Law society"

I hope that any future correspondence you send demonstrates that you are able to treat me with respect, or do you to believe that by mentioning the word ‘solicitor’ that you have some magical legal powers that us mere mortals don't? Furthermore, as suggested by XXXXXX County Council, an apology would not go amiss!

I must admit that is a very good letter and one you should be proud of, the only part of that I would change is the above sentence in red, either cut it completely or reword it a little less personal, something like "your use of the word 'solicitor' is a clear indication of your attempt to intimidate and threaten me as though I am unable to make a valid defence and possibly string an educated sentence together" Again this issue has been raised with the relevant organisations who are making the relevant investigations.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear miss knickers in a twist.

Thank you for your lengthy explanation regarding your use of 'non practicing solicitor' I will gladly forward a copy of your letter to the authority who IS dealing with their investigation, for the avoidance of doubt, there is NO alleged body.

I was clearly confused by your previous correspondence as you had signed off with "Business Manager - Non Practicing Solicitor" I feel that if you are not their legal advisor then there is no requirement to mislead people in believing you are somehow acting in that capacity. (But if it makes you feel better, knock yourself out!)

I will remind you that Miss H was not working at the nursery in December, the last time she worked at the nursery was late September early October before going on sick leave, and then resigning. So in answer to your question, it was clearly the Acting Manager with whom I spoke with, on a weekly basis.

I look forward to your prompt response, with a mutually beneficial end to this protracted disagreement.

Yours sincerely,

Qualified House wife,

Qualified holder of a car licence

Non-practicing holder of a cycling proficiency licence.

Non practicing 50mtr green swimming badge holder

Well! It really is so trivial and pathetic for a woman of her age to try and "big up" herself, inflating her deflated ego by using such puerile words, really! She needs to start acting her age and not that of her pupils!

"Hello, this is Boo D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F speaking, how may I be of assistance to you today?"

OK it is fine to feel angry and p'd off, I'm getting annoyed just reading about it! My first reaction was to throw the computer out of the window! But clearly that will get no-one anywhere.

The very best thing to do is to transcript as much of the call as you can remember, date, time, the witch you spoke too.

Then write down what it is you want to happen, who you want to inform etc.

Open a bottle of vin rouge, sit & watch your favourite romcom(?) fall asleep and wake up tomorrow, with a clearer thinking head.

As you rightly say, they were the ones who instigated all of this, and to date they have fallen way short of any sensible productive resolution.

All the people you want to get involved, make a note of them, get contact details for them etc.

Again, this is YOUR personal private number that YOU pay for, YOU have the choice of who YOU wish to speak to over YOUR phone, if being polite does not work and they fail to listen to your request to put their concerns in writing, then simply say "Goodbye" and hang up.

I am quite sure when you paid for your telephone line you didn't do so, so that others could abuse you over it and belittle you? YOU are the one who is in control, remain in control by asking the questions, always answer a question with a question, that way then they will know who is in the position of authority!

Try not to let it get you down too much, it is far too easy to allow your feelings at the minute to cloud your better judgement, let it pass, then give back twice what miss bossy boots gave.:boxing:

Edit and amend to suit, you might have an up to date dictionary?

Dear Sir/madam,

After seeking further advice regarding your threatening behaviour toward me and the wholly unacceptable behaviour in the removal of my son (enter his name if you wish) I am removing my daughter (name) from your Nursery with immediate effect.

The local authority is aware and has ceased funding for my daughter. I will be seeking further advice and if necessary on taking such advice, be seeking legal redress against the Nursery.

Regards.

I'm not too confident about the last para, so wait and see if anyone else advises whether to leave it in or remove it. Either way I fell it should simply state the facts and be succinct, no flannel, no emotion, straight to the point.

The battle of words can begin afterwards, but they will have lost out as they have now been denied the funding for your daughter, and if Ofsted do get involved then the ramifications could be far reaching, and all because of a belligerent woman....

Excellent, lets just hope this non practicing solicitor regrets ever having rattled your cage..

Local MP then IMO, get them to get the council to earn the money you pay them, and stop passing the buck.

If the council really won't take any action, then there is always the LGO to fall back on, I'm not sure who polices OfSted?

http://www.lgo.org.uk/

Ooh what d'ya know they also investigate schools?? I wonder if they might be able to assist you with advising who is best to speak to regarding the nursery??