Vehicle Insurance - cancelled - now with debt collectors

boxingliz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

I cancelled an insurance 1 month after it started due to them putting the premiums from £330 to £400 to £500 within one month of paying deposit,

They say I cant cancel and then cancelled because i wouldnt pay monthly premiums.

Now debt collector, what to do CCA and then tell them to go away?

Any advice, I think they called it a running account but dont think i signed anything.

Grateful for any help.

clearly you are entitled to cancel the policy if they start putting up the premiums. In fact, I'm amazed that they are actually allowed to put up the premiums if you have a 12 month insurance contract for a fixed price.

Have they also put negative entries on your credit file?

Signing is not important. The fact that you were paying money and that they were ensuring you is good enough evidence of the contract. What you need to do is to find out if there was some strange contractual term which allowed them to make arbitrary increases to the insurance premium and in such a short space of time.

I think that you should write to them and asked them to let you know on what basis they were putting up the premiums, on what basis they say that you have no right to object to the increases and tell them that you would like them to refer specifically to the contractual terms that they are relying on and that you want sight of those terms.

Get that information and come back here. Do a credit file check as well