Southern Electric/SSE make Criminal Record checks on the sly!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4686 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Because I made a complaint and early on in their complaints proceedure it emerged that Southern Electric or SSE made a/an Criminal Record check without informing me, let alone saying that this was their policy!

I believe this is illegal. I don't work for them, although you'd think that if you've ever had a bill? Can anyone shine a light on this?

Consumer Focus and Consumer Direct would like to hear more if other suppliers do this even though they don't take on individual cases, nor does it fall under the remit of the Energy Ombudsman.

Personally I feel used and abused so is there any form free legal action I can take? Help and advice please!!!

criminal check.........

i think you mean credit check.......

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

im sure no electric co would have access to that type of database.

how do you know this?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

NO....I mean CRIMINAL RECORD check. THEY admitted it and I've seen it!!!

then post it up ..

dx

and they

I'd love to..but it was/is on their computor file, not mine. I am also awaiting a request for disclosures under the Data Protection Act. I also was talking the/a person at their Head Office at the time who confirmed it as it was happening! If I could have pressed the print button quick enough....!

• 3 months later...

why did they do a criminal record check? when i worked for powergen they didn't have any criminal record check, as this was unnessacary due to the only thing we needed was a credit checker. when new employeed started they went through a CRB check which was always done through a 3rd party and you have to sign a disclaimer and have prior notice for such action? D

Thanks for asking. Account was in my Mother's name [Widow, 93 and VERY much alive] no reason whatsoever as neither worked for SSE, long time customer - mug punter!

SSE reluctant even to part with DPA request for full disclosure, took two goes. STILL even though acknowledged refused to come clean. Matter with ICO and Police.

Stems from their meter failing after my Mothers death, refusal to have meter independently checked. Altered annotations and intrigue. Matters probate.

It means lies all round even to Energy Ombudsman just to win their case! Already received some compensation for not doing as they said, peanuts!

Will post developements.