Southern Electic - Energyplus Care

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4805 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Although this is mentioned in another thread as being a tariff offered to those who spend 10% of their income on fuel, is has been changed to 20% of income, thus making fewer people have access to it. Also they consider all tax credits and child benefit as income and also council tax and housing benefit.

I have just spoken to them about changing to this tariff, as we are on a very low income, ie. tax credits only, and I was told that our usage was only 12% of our income and therefore we would not be allowed to claim.

Baring in mind that I pay around £120 per month on electricity and about £10 on gas. on a minuscule income of tax credits, I fail to see how this isn't more than 20%.

Absolute joke.

Any ideas/help would be great

In short change supplier. Speaking personally, for SE to tweak figures is nothing new. They refused to have my meter tested when it stopped. Tested a new meter with faulty equipment. Took monies when saying they wouldn't, and lied to the Energy Ombudsman just to win their case. Just a few things in a two year nightmare!!

I'm now with E.On getting stonking discounts, doing my own readings (billed accordingly) all for £30 fixed per month and with a smart meter as well.

Keep records of everything you might well need them, but move as soon as possible. They are evil!