Final communication letter from Red threatening SD

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4432 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Mack Hall are a different lot that Lowell seem to use

As far as I'm aware as Mack Hall are doing the chasing they get the CCA request but don't worry to much they're far from the brightest

Good luck

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Have you contacted the original creditor.. because in theory, that is where your CCA request should go.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Muck Hall & Lowells chasing same debt?

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

Muck Hall & Lowells chasing same debt?

Daunting combination eh :scared:

I had the following for one disputed issue . .

Lowell + BCW = 0

Lowell + Meritforce (MH alter ego) = 0

Lowell + Muck Hall (Took over where Meritforce failed) = 0

I don't think the OP has much to worry about

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

• 1 month later...

After sending Lowell a CCA request for a very old Shop Direct catalogue debt, they have written to inform me that Shop Direct have told them the CCA is no longer available due to the length of time since the account was opened. Therefore Lowell have closed their file and will no longer chase me for payment unless the CCA turns up at some point in the future.

Good news but what happens now? As the CCA doesn't exist is there any chance of reclaiming any charges?

I've already sent a SAR request to Shop Direct and received a massive bundle of paperwork (lists of account transactions, etc) that I just haven't been able to check yet.

Personally, I would leave well alone. Have you actually paid any of the charges, or would they all have been included in the alleged debt?. You could also jeapodise the whole situation as claiming back the charges, could be construed as accepting that the debt (account) is yours.

Hopefully this will be the end of the matter, but should anyone else pop up in the future, just send the Account in Dispute/bemused letter to them.

Agreed. Leave well alone.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I have debts with 3 Shop Direct catalogues. They are all now with DCA's.

I sent a SAR request to Shop Direct and have now received it.

I'd really like to reclaim all the charges but I have sent CCA requests to each DCA and one of them has confirmed the CCA for Littlewoods Direct cannot be found so they are closing the account and will no longer chase payment of the debt. Another DCA who owns the Kays debt has not sent a CCA within the timescale so I have sent them a "Account in dispute" letter. The other DCA who owns the Very debt has not produced the CCA but their time limit has not yet expired.

Now I have been advised in the Debt forum NOT to attempt to reclaim charges for the Littlewoods Direct debt which has no CCA. I assume this will also be the case for the Kays account which is now in dispute??

Would it be worthwhile trying to reclaim the charges for the Very account whilst I'm waiting for the DCA to produce the CCA?

Hi, originally posted this thread in the Retail forum but no response so thought I would try here as you guys in the Debt forum are always quick to respond.:wink:

I have debts with 3 Shop Direct catalogues. They are all now with DCA 's.

I sent a SAR request to Shop Direct and have now received it.

I'd really like to reclaim all the charges but I have sent CCA requests to each DCA and one of them has confirmed the CCA for Littlewoods Direct cannot be found so they are closing the account and will no longer chase payment of the debt. Another DCA who owns the Kays debt has not sent a CCA within the timescale so I have sent them a "Account in dispute" letter. The other DCA who owns the Very debt has not produced the CCA but their time limit has not yet expired.

Now I have been advised in the Debt forum NOT to attempt to reclaim charges for the Littlewoods Direct debt which has no CCA. I assume this will also be the case for the Kays account which is now in dispute??

Would it be worthwhile trying to reclaim the charges for the Very account whilst I'm waiting for the DCA to produce the CCA?

please keep to one thread............

per debt

if the chares will clear the arrears then yes

if not i cant really see why you want to pull their tails

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well not really as the refund will no doubt just go off the outstanding balance anyway

there was a recent win so id read that thread

was widely publicised here.

the thing is, even if the cca is un-en

the debt just does not go away or be written off just prevents them from using the courts

but if a clear financial inks can be est [regardless to the reclaim] then really after the likes of rankines etc etc

a recon cca is good enough

if these are not your debts then i cant see the point in reclaiming

if they are your debts, then if the reclaim will not clear all outstanding , then again i cant see a point in pulling their tails

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?183503-Lowell-Portfolio-1-Shop-Direct-*WON*&highlight=Shop+Direct%2C+Won

Link above, there are others on the forums, just pop "Shop Direct, Won" into the search bar above and you will get a menu of them.

BCOBS

• 10 months later...