handing a vehicle back thats on finance?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i heard that once 50% of a finace agreement has been paid off you can hand the vehicle back, and thats that, end of?

well i contacted the finance company today, they are insisting that it will go to auction, what ever is left over will have to be paid by us? i dont under stand, ive been told by a few people you can hand it back and thats the end of it? are they trying to fob us off here?

and the fleecers are?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

as long as you have paid 50% of the vehicle

that figure will be on the agreement under termination then

you walk away owing nothing as long as you have taken reasonable care of the vehicle

a few scratches etc due to age is acceptable

i take it we are talking of a hp agreement

eve post

thanks for dropping in

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i heard that once 50% of a finace agreement has been paid off you can hand the vehicle back, and thats that, end of?

well i contacted the finance company today, they are insisting that it will go to auction, what ever is left over will have to be paid by us? i dont under stand, ive been told by a few people you can hand it back and thats the end of it? are they trying to fob us off here?

Providing that the finance was a HIRE PURCHASE agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974, and not a FIX SUM LOAN AGREEMENT (secured by a Bill of Sale)...

Cheers

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!

;)

just dug out the contract, it says under termination word for word

"you have a right to end this agreement, to do so you should wright to the person you make your payments to. They will then be entitled to return of the goods to half the total amount payable under this agreement. that is £4536.25. if you have paid at least this amount plus any overdue instalments and have taken reasonable care of the goods, you will not have to pay anymore."

just dug out the contract, it says under termination word for word

"you have a right to end this agreement, to do so you should wright to the person you make your payments to. They will then be entitled to return of the goods to half the total amount payable under this agreement. that is £4536.25. if you have paid at least this amount plus any overdue instalments and have taken reasonable care of the goods, you will not have to pay anymore."

Excellent!

I would suggest you copy the relevant text from your agreement into your termination letter. Let them know that YOU fully understand YOUR rights and obligations.

Cheers

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!

;)