Red debt collections

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4832 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi wondered if anybody can help have got a debt with the above company recieved a letter telling me how much was owed yesterday rang them today and gave them my bank details and they will taking the full debt amount on monday..now how do i make sure that after the debt is paid all my information including bank details are deleted from their records because i dont want anything more to do with them and looking online at peoples complaints do not want them helping themselves to my money willy nilly now they have my bank details getting worried now hope someone can help

thanks sian

Hi Sian,

Write to Red (recorded delivery and don't sign the letter) informing them that you require your bank details to be deleted from their system. Check whether a direct debit has been set up - if so, cancel it asap. For future reference, never deal with DCAs by telephone as they will deny anything they like and you have no proof unless you have recorded the call. There is a template in the letters library which you can send to DCAs informing them that you will only communicate in writing.

Good luck.

Hello and Welcome,

I've moved this thread to the Debt Collectors Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

firstly thankyou very much for the quick reply have rung bank as advised luckily only gave red debt the long no. across my card and the security no. not actual account no. and sort code, so very helpful chap at natwest said best thing was to cancel my card then they cant take the money. does this sound right to you? anyway have cancelled the card and will request payment details from them tommorow..have learnt a very valuable lesson and my partner has calmed down slightly

thanks a lot

sian

Hi again, Sian.

Good that NatWest seem to be helpful and that you have cancelled the card. You should never give bank details to DCAs, especially not the long number on your card, as this could lead to the DCA setting up a continuous credit/debit card authority which, unlike a direct debit, cannot be cancelled without the authority of the person or organisation being paid.

Have a read of other forums as it may be that this debt may be difficult for the DCA to enforce. Head any correspondence to DCAs with "I do not acknowledge any debt which you claim is owed to you or to any organisation which you claim to represent." There are several templates in the letters library which may be of use.

Whilst writing, I don't know whether Sian is your real name, but don't give any identifying details anywhere on CAG. DCAs do check this site regularly.