Full & Final - Refusal to put in writing a cause for complaint?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4839 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Any advice on this situation would be appreciated:

1. A DCA has accepted an offer in F&F of a credit card debt they purchased.

2. The offer was made by telephone to my independent money adviser/debt counsellor.

3. The settlement is being made by a third party.

4. So far the DCA are refusing to put this in writing, but both I and the third part who will be paying up want it in writing.

What should I do? I'm reluctant to pay. I cannot find anything about such a situation in the OFT Guidelines, but I am wondering if this would be good cause for an official complaint?

Thanks.

Thanks. Yes, that's why I'd like it writing, but is their refusal to put it in writing grounds for complaint to the financial obmudsman? My money advisor has had it confirmed by two of their agents on the phone, so she would be an independent witness to their verbal offer.

Writing or forget it, there is no reason why they should not, after all they are very good at sending letters normally.

It just stinks of them selling it on to another DCA.

In writing or forget it tell them offers open for 7 days, balls in their court

There is nothing written in stone as far as I know, but it could be construed as unfair practices under the OFT guidelines. After all, what reputable company would refuse to endorse a legitimate proposal in writing?

Could it possibly be that the offer was agreed by some telephone jockey who doesn't have the authorization to enter into such an agreement & all they were looking for was to be able to chalk up some commission by nefarious means?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

When I had the same problem I wrote to the DCA and told them that unless they confirmed the full and final in writing then my relative would not pay , send it recorded.

They eventually sent a letter of confirmation , my relative paid , and that was the end of that.

I think they just try and get people to pay any amount and then chase them for the balance , hence the need for written confirmation from the DCA

Debts settled £135K

discount so far £68K :)