HFC Marbles card debt and 1st Credit help please!!!

Myfamily
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2877 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

When was the last time you made a payment or ackowledged this debt.

Those charges they have put on the account are reclaimable with interest.

They don't have to send you a copy of the deed of assignment....what you should have been asking for is a copy of the notice of assignment.

If you still have not received a true copy of the agreement following the cca request then the account is still in dispute.

Also, get claiming all of your late fees back with interest.

ims

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Dx,

Sorry I'm feeling a bit stupid today!! I looked in the library section and can't find a template, I assume that's what you were pointing out to me. On the spreadsheet you gave me I put in the total charges whcih was £1148.71 and with interest it came out as £3,155.62, is that the figure that I'm re-claiming?

Also who should I send a SAR to and what info would I expect to get back? what would happen after that? I'm worried that if I start pushing them around they might up their game!!!

What do you think?

Hi mf

Here is the letter template you need to claim back those charges

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?605-Credit-Store-Card-Letter-Template

If you post up your spreadsheet I am happy to check it for you to make sure you're getting the correct amount back. (Don't leave personal info in it though).

The SAR goes to the credit card company. You will get back information on your entire dealings with them. It will include statements/transaction history and a whole load of other stuff too. When you get the information back you'll be able to see exactly what they might have been doing to you.

Don't worry about them upping their game........they have no game to up!

Above all, don't forget that you are now in control of this...Not Them

ims

• Confused 1

Hi mf

I've looked at the spreadie you posted earlier and it needs to be changed. You have enterd interest payments in the list....you need to remove them. Only list any Late Payment Fees, Over Limit Fess etc. The spreadsheet will calculate the appropriate interest claim for you.

As it appeaars that you dn't have all the statements I agree that a SAR is in order so that you can get the complete transaction history and ensure that you claim ALL of these unlawful charges back for the duration of the account.

You must get your OH to stop talking to these people on the phone. If he doesn't want to just say "In Writing Only" get him to just hang up without saying anything. Its your phone,,,,you decide who you speak to on it. Do not get involved in any conversation with them as it is easy for them to use tricks, mind games and make threats that the world will end if you don't pay blah, blah. Things that are designed to get you to pay and things that they can later deny. Please Please stop talking to them.

ims

Hi Ims

I will amend the spreadsheet but do you not think that it's a bit unfair of them, as I had made an arrangement and stuck to it and then they suddenly added Interest charges for 6 months and so now it's virtually wiped out all the payments we made and we're back to where started!!??

I am going to SAR them anyway, but they said to my OH that they were sending the CCA agreement and I should have it in a couple of days so if I do I will post it on here to make sure it's enforceable ( i hope not!!)

Anyway I have also told my OH not to speak to them again and to just tell them that we want all contact to be in writing! He sort of thinks that he can do it on his own, I don't think he trusts that I'm doing the right thing, but I have explained that I'm getting good advice from all here! Thanks

Thank you soo much for your help along the way!!

Give your OH a slap from me :lol:

It might seem unfair but it actually not. You can only reclaim interest on the charges they applied to the account....not the interest applied to legitimate purchases. By enetering the charge in the spreadsheet, it calulates the interest they would have charged you on that charge right up to date.

ims

Hi Ims, so you don't think that what they have sent is a valid agreement then?

Sorry, this has got me very nervous, I am a little bit worried about ignoring them as I am scared of ending up in court!!

Hi.

Personally I wouldn't be relying on dodgy agreements following the case of Rankines. There will probably be many other "iffy" issues with this.

I didn't see the letters because they had gawn before I saw them. But if they're good enough for dx to suggest ignoring them, his opinion is good enough for me.

ims

Edited by ims21