Call credit check

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3753 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anyone had dealings with these guys?

I tried to get a credt report from them but they couldnt verify my details for some reason so I just left it. Yesterday they took a charge from my account for membership of £12. I am not going to pay membership fees if they can't even verify my details, I stupidly assumed that if I did not complete the process they wouldnt charge me. More fool me.

Anyway, they don't have a phone number on their site so I have emailed but who knows when I will hear back from them.

Any advice?

Thanks

Sarah

Update: I have just called them having found a number online 0113 244 1555, they say they only deal with people via email and the email I sent this morning will be dealt with in the next 2 days. After doing some searching online I find that it looks like these guys do this all the time so stay away!

I can't post the link but there is a discussion on moneysavingexpert about other people having the same thing done to them. But yet moneysavingexpert are still linking to them on their site...

Edited by sarahmo152

I've still not heard from them so called them again. They have now told me to send an email to their cancellations department, not on care at callcreditcheck.com but to cancellations at callcreditcheck.com. This is ridiculous. They tell me they have no external telephone lines and can only be reached via email, yet they do not even have an autoreponse to aknowledge they've received your email.

Is there anyone I can complain to about this company? They seem to be giving me the run around in the hope I will give up on my money.

I had the Call Credit trial. I cancelled it, so they passed on my debit card details and used one of their subsiduarys to take out the fee instead.

Luckilly my Natwest Step Account debit card is a Visa now, and I was able to get the funds removal reversed. Natwest refused to accept its fraud though. Its apparantly a "clerical error" to intentionally pass your details to another company your parent company owns, and use them to take fee's out, not fraud.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Caledfwlch, thats terrible. They look the money out as Call Credit Check so I'll keep my eye out in case they pass my details on to anyone else!

Still not heard from them. I am getting annoyed. They've not even aknowledged the email, setting up an autoresponse would take minutes.

I have emailed moneysavingexpert and told them all about it, including the link to the forum on their site complaining about it. Hopefully they remove the link from their credit reference agency advice section.

Caledfwlch, thats terrible. They look the money out as Call Credit Check so I'll keep my eye out in case they pass my details on to anyone else!

Still not heard from them. I am getting annoyed. They've not even aknowledged the email, setting up an autoresponse would take minutes.

I have emailed moneysavingexpert and told them all about it, including the link to the forum on their site complaining about it. Hopefully they remove the link from their credit reference agency advice section.

What sort of debit card do you have with your account? Is it a Visa? if so go into the bank today and reverse the deposit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've beeen told today that they hold adverse credit information on me dating back over 9 years - but noting appears on the experian report i had done. I tried to obtain their report and have not been able to get anything online despite making the £2 payment several times and signing up for the £12 deal!! I have sent a complaint but i still need to see what they hold on me. I was also told they could not verify my information - i'm at a total loss as to what to do now!

Well you should inform Callcredit that under English Law they can only process your data for 6 years after which all records should be removed from there systems.

9 years, I really hope you can get that in writing as there a massive case for the ICO and a huge story for the media in that one.

Just goes to prove what a lot of us have always thought about these companies, they are archiving our data after the 6 years. In case the law changes!

• 4 weeks later...

I have just had a dealing with Callcredit.

So I go on there to check my Statutory Credit file for £2. Fill in my details. I enter my visa debit information with visa selected and it fails. Perhaps it could have an explicit visa debit option like other places. Give them a break, so maybe they're a few years behind and since the visa card is meant to "work just like your Maestro/Solo" I tried again but chose maestro and then solo to be sure, errors again. Three attempts but it took more tries because another on occasion it timed out without giving notice during hitting "confirm." In fact before the first error, because of the slow website I wasn't sure I had confirmed already (this was after going off for tea while I waited for it the confirm page to load). Nothing on the status page saying I have a report (or 5 dupes) in progress or bought, yet - I'm assuming the site would have informed me immediately if one is in progress. Guess I will have to try the post.

Normally I check a service's integrity by googling/forums - but one would think a website advertised by the government is of a certain standard. Only now reading this forum I can imagine tomorrow I'll have a nice charge of about £10 for 0 service and no way to contact them. What a useless, slow, dysfunctional and uninformative website - yet they might supply my bank with important information.

As I write this I get a mysterious automated call on phone about I might be able to qualify for a refund from various banks - press 5 now. I wonder if my details went somewhere too.

total knob jockeys the lot of 'em.

and Cruel Crudit are the worst.

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

• 1 year later...

I've had some dealings with CallCredit in the last few months, which I thought it was worth bumping this thread over. Apologies for the long post.

I discovered when renting a property a couple of months ago that, whilst my credit profile / score on Experian and Equifax was improving nicely, the information being provided by CallCredit (which seems to be the preferred choice of many organisations now) still showed me as a bad credit risk.

Having obtained a copy of the report from the letting agent I could see that CallCredit were incorrectly listing a couple of credit card debts as outstanding even though these accounts had been settled and satisfied some considerable time ago. Initially I contacted the lenders but they assured me that they'd sent out the correct notifications and I should contact CallCredit directly.

In order to start the correction process, I discovered I needed some reference information from CallCredit so I initially tried to request a one-off report. Unfortunately, I had exactly the same experience as AppleSauce above with the site not accepting my debit card details, which work fine on every other site I've ever tried on line.

I e-mailed CallCredit - no phone support of course - and, after a wait of well over a week, received an e-mail saying that they hadn't received reports of problems from anyone else so it must be my card at fault. They suggested I either try signing-up for their monthly CallCreditCheck service (which is a different system) or I could send them a cheque.

As I don't have a chequebook, and I thought it might be useful to track the progress of my credit file, I opted to sign-up for the CallCreditCheck service. After signing up I tried to login and was ask to enter a PIN that I should receive in the post within 10 days.

After two weeks, no PIN had arrived. I e-mailed them again and explained the situation and, after another wait of several days, received a response telling me that they'd sent out another PIN by post.

The new PIN arrived a week later but, upon entering it into the site when prompted, nothing happened. No error message. The site just kept redisplaying the same screen requesting that I enter a PIN. So I've now had to e-mail them again.

As a web developer who works on some of the UK's leading e-commerce sites, I find the entire CallCreditCheck system (as I've experienced it so far) appallingly unfriendly and badly designed, and the lack of any telephone support - or even prompt e-mail support - unbelievable.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

This doesn't sound good.

I just applied through tescobank for a carloan and got declined, they said callcredit has adverse information on me from 2012.

I have access to my credit report with a reputable site for around 7 years and know there is no adverse credit and good/excellent rating with available credit already far exceeding the loan.

I am very worried seeing others comments... is there anything that you could advise to tackle the issue... callcredit has stated they wont advise what or if there is adverse credit until i get a report through them.

I have just registered and the following

"We are currently working to resolve a validation issue on your report. Please bear with us and we will contact you as soon as this issue has been resolved. Thank you for your patience."

is this the dreaded issue where people are being charged for nothing....... how do i go about solving it as the county court wont talk to me without the credit info and experian dont have any details of adverse credit (and I know i dont have any)....

can a company manufacture issues to get sales?????

many thanks

This is not a resolution response, only a response to agree with all of the above. I was refused a loan for a car from HSBC and was told that they could not tell me anything as all the information would be sent in a letter. Upon receiving the letter today I was told to check all 3 of the credit check agencies that they use - Equifax, Experian and Call Credit. Equifax and Experian were easy to use and told me that my credit history was perfect.

I then applied to Call Credit online and upon registering and requesting my credit report it gave me the response "We are currently trying to resolve a validation issue on your report. Please bear with us and we will contact you as soon as this issue has been resolved. Thanks you for your patience."

After seeing the feed regarding this I am now expecting 12 quid to be removed from my bank account. I would write to them, as they suggest on their website and on their automated phones, but I cannot afford to wait a minimum of 28 days for a response.

My next step is to contact HSBC and see if it is common practice for Call Credit to provide a bad credit rating and see what can be done. At the very least I will expect HSBC to refund the 12 quid that has been taken for a useless service.

If it is helpful (and providing I get somewhere with this) I will respond again on this thread.

If they take the money, get in touch with your bank and demand a full chargeback.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

All these are common problems are frequent with CC and its offshoot Noddle often out of date and inaccurate and difficult to access, there is also the problem that CC is not as widely used as Experian and Equifax and Noddle uses 2nd hand data from CC.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

With regards to my earlier post; I received in the post a PIN number from Call Credit Check. Upon logging in again I did not receive the error message, but another screen asking for the PIN number. I entered this and got full access to my credit report. It took 3 days to get this letter, so for some of you it may just be a waiting game. By law, when asking for a credit check from a company, I believe they have 7 days to give you access to it.

I may have just been lucky with this, but I hope it helps. Cheers and gone.

There are to many problems with accessing credit files!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

• 4 weeks later...

This company are a joke

I am so fed up with them.

I've got a good credit rating with experian and equifax, yet im being told by a building society with whom im trying to get a mortgage with that call credit show me as having a default.

This is basically stopping me from proceeeding with my house purchase as i cannot get through to call credit! they are now ignoring my emails, when all i want is a password reset!

you call them and get told they will send one right away, but nothing ever turns up,.

most pointless company EVER

Hi, welcome to CAG,

Your biggest mistake is attempting to clear this up by phone or e-mail, as you will only get through to customer (dis) service.

Who is the company placing the default a debt collection agency or a creditor such as a bank?

Call credit and its free offshoot are not as reliable as the other two CRAs often out of date.

This needs contact by mail to the Data Controller of the company shown on the files, a CRA cannot remove or amend data

without their permission.

Please give me all the data shown on that entry and I will draft a letter for you.

Hi and thanks for coming back to me.

Just to give a bit of history as to what's happened.

I've been signed up with experian for 2 years and always had a good credit rating. No defaults, ccjs etc.

I apply for a mortgage, and then get told that due to a default they cannot proceed. They tell me to check callcredit report to see what problem is.

I try to sign up to call credit , but I am then told I need to wait for a pin number. Once pin was received, i try to log in but get an error message.

After numerous phone calls and emails I am still unable to view my report and I am at a complete loss as to what this problem could be on my file.

Out of desperation I signed up to equifax last night , but they also say i have a good credit history and no defaults.

What can I do? I just need to see my report but call credit seem to be completely ignoring me..

Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi Try logging into Noddle call credits free service.

You can try sending this by recorded/signed for mail;

To The Data Controller,

Call Credit.

Complaint Re: Suspect Data on Credit File:

Dear sir or madam,

I am (give full name address & date of birth here) resident at xxxxxxxxxxxxx for xx years, I have recently applied for a mortgage and have been advised that Call Credit are displaying an account which is defaulted as I have no knowledge of any such account and have checked both of the main credit reference agencies and found no such account has been reported on them.

I have attempted to access my records held by Call Credit to no avail as your system will not accept the pin number provided.

As this entry is causing severe embarrassment, and anxiety by it resulting in refusal of a mortgage application I require Call Credit to disclose the content of the credit files it holds on me within 5 working days of the receipt of this letter.

As I believe the data may be inaccurate and most certainly defamatory WILL if Call Credit does not comply with this requirement make a complain to the ICO.

I have already supplied all the identification details required by Call Credit in order to receive a Pin number so there is no reason why the data required cannot be produced as a matter of urgency.

This letter is sent by RM Recorded/signed for mail and its delivery will be checked.

Thanks Brigadier

I have tried signing into Noddle but received a message stating they were having problems verifying my identity.. or something along them lines anyway.

I'm at a complete loss as to what information they could be holding against my name.

I will send them a letter and see if this makes any difference. In the meantime, I will probably lose the house I wanted to buy.

Don't think call credit understand just how difficult they are to deal with. They are making me miserable!

Hi Try logging into Noddle call credits free service.

You can try sending this by recorded/signed for mail;

To The Data Controller,

Call Credit.

Complaint Re: Suspect Data on Credit File:

Dear sir or madam,

I am (give full name address & date of birth here) resident at xxxxxxxxxxxxx for xx years, I have recently applied for a mortgage and have been advised that Call Credit are displaying an account which is defaulted as I have no knowledge of any such account and have checked both of the main credit reference agencies and found no such account has been reported on them.

I have attempted to access my records held by Call Credit to no avail as your system will not accept the pin number provided.

As this entry is causing severe embarrassment, and anxiety by it resulting in refusal of a mortgage application I require Call Credit to disclose the content of the credit files it holds on me within 5 working days of the receipt of this letter.

As I believe the data may be inaccurate and most certainly defamatory WILL if Call Credit does not comply with this requirement make a complain to the ICO.

I have already supplied all the identification details required by Call Credit in order to receive a Pin number so there is no reason why the data required cannot be produced as a matter of urgency.

This letter is sent by RM Recorded/signed for mail and its delivery will be checked.

Thanks Brigadier

I have tried signing into Noddle but received a message stating they were having problems verifying my identity.. or something along them lines anyway.

I'm at a complete loss as to what information they could be holding against my name.

I will send them a letter and see if this makes any difference. In the meantime, I will probably lose the house I wanted to buy.

Don't think call credit understand just how difficult they are to deal with. They are making me miserable!

I thought that might be the case which is why I suggested recorded delivery, check call credits address and leave off PO box numbers.

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd add my two pence worth and woes of having to deal with CallCredit.

In my opinion the data they keep must be seriously outdated, first off was unable to get either callcredit or callcreditcheck to recognise either my or my wife's details despite both being on the electoral roll, not having moved and also have debit cards in our names. This is despite being able to easily sign-up to both Equifax and Experian.

Having complained by phone about being unable to sign-up online at callcredit for the £2 report I was informed that this website does not work and has not for months and I should be using callcreditcheck (even thought this also did not work).

Ended up printing off a form to post in along with a cheque- despite them saying it will only take 7 days, it now being 11 days later and finally being able to speak with someone on the phone to ask where it was, conveniently they say they only received it 6 days ago and this was the 7th day...

I wish we could all just avoid this outfit, but until the lenders pick up on the low quality of service being provided and move away we are all stuck with them.