Barclaycard/Mercers Default Notice

carlastc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4844 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I aplogise if I am posting this in the wrong place but here goes.

My partner had a Debt Management plan through Chase Saunders to repay his creditors.

He cancelled this when he discovered that the payments were not being made to the creditors, despite them charging him a monthly fee.

He wrote to all his creditors explaining the situation and has been making the payments directly to them himself.

He has kept up the payments they agreed to when he wrote to them.

He has now received 2 default letters from Mercers on behalf of Barclaycard both of which are asking for a payment of £1000!!

Obviously he is unable to pay this amount and we would appreciate any advice on what his next move should be.

Thanks

Carla.

We see this time and time again with debt management firms. They are not worth their fees and do nothing you can't do for free yourself or with the help of The CAB.

Mercers are Barclaycards in house debts collectors and can be an intimidating bunch to deal with

My advice is given through personal experience and is given without prejudice

If I Have helped please feel free to click the star

:smile:

I aplogise if I am posting this in the wrong place but here goes.

My partner had a Debt Management plan through Chase Saunders to repay his creditors.

He cancelled this when he discovered that the payments were not being made to the creditors, despite them charging him a monthly fee.

He wrote to all his creditors explaining the situation and has been making the payments directly to them himself.

He has kept up the payments they agreed to when he wrote to them.

He has now received 2 default letters from Mercers on behalf of Barclaycard both of which are asking for a payment of £1000!!

Obviously he is unable to pay this amount and we would appreciate any advice on what his next move should be.

Thanks

Carla.

Hi Carla

Most likely they have sent a notice of a default charge £12 and a DN from Mercers; the DN is just a prerequisite of termination and amrking your credit file: it's routine for them to do this.

Nothing in this stops you from making your agreed payments.

You might consider whether you are getting value from your paid for DMP; were you to go DIY you might have more leverage with Barclays re: getting account frozen and amending payments if it isn't. There are other avenues of complaint open to you once Mercers and crew start harassing.

love

vic

Hmm.. I suspect that BC are going through a process of selling on various debts, Egg did the same thing all of a sudden last year. (I had an agreement to pay £1 a month which I stuck to)

I have a BC card and have been unable to pay because of redundancy, I have an agreement with BC to pay £10 a month and Ive stuck to it, but I noticed a call to my phone (I missed it) and the number turns out to be Mercers so I think maybe Ill be getting a letter soon from Mercers and/or BC saying that Mercers will be chasing me for the debt, incidently I already SAR'd them some while ago and it would appear they havnt got a valid signed credit agreement.

Andy

Hi andy

BC are not selling on: Mercers are in-house as are Calders. Later they may pretend to sell on but in reality use commission based DCAs to harass further.

That's why it's important to stick with an agreement with the OC so you can tell any subsequent DCA bandit to p off.

x

v

Hi andy

BC are not selling on: Mercers are in-house as are Calders. Later they may pretend to sell on but in reality use commission based DCAs to harass further.

That's why it's important to stick with an agreement with the OC so you can tell any subsequent DCA bandit to p off.

x

v

HHmm..Interesting, I wonder why they are suddenly phoning me..they just have again..they are now on my phones Blacklist app so any further calls will be ignored.