Is The Debt Too Old For Original Agreement

zubo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Zubo and Tamadus

I have 15 creditors relating to debts that I built up during a short but disasterous business venture in 2000/2001. I've used the information on this site to request information under the CCA from all the creditors and have found the information in this thread very useful. I now intend to follow up those creditors that haven't replied or have claimed that they do not need to supply the information with the letter tht you have so kindly supplied.

However I have a query as a couple of the DCAs have written back and said that they are dropping their involvement and referrring me back to the original creditor - does this mean that I have to start the whole CCA process again or can I rely on the failure of the agency to supply the required information and continue to chase them up in the same manner as those who've failed to reply etc?

Thanks

What this means is the Debt collection agencies in question did not actually own the debt in the first place. Sit tight until the original creditor instigates a further DCA onto that particular debt. If they do re-assign it, send the CCA request to them too, and if they do the same thing (i.e. pass it back to the creditor) you have grounds to complain to the relevant authorities. What I would suggest you do is send a s77/8 request to the original creditors for those DCA's who dropped the cases, which will start the ball rolling at their end. If they have the agreements, at least you know where you're at, if they don't, I'm sure you understand the significance of that too. Remember to post what you get sent somewhere on CAG (less the personal info) and someone here will give you a heads up as to how legally binding they all are.

Sound advice as usual from M55, but as I have paid for the CCA request And simply because I'm a scheming troublemaker I'd still chase the DCA's that failed to send the agreements :)

Ok I like having a bit of fun at the expense of a DCA or two ;)

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Smile:Settled 15/11/06

Egg Card:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 2/10/06

GE Money:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent3/8/06 LBA sent 26/9/06

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

Barclaycard:In criminal default watch this space

Lloyds TSB:In criminal default watch this space

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.