Coop Credit Card Default DCA

S**Tstreet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4861 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Hopefully I'm posting on the right forum! Long and complex story involving the Coop, and briefly there are four accounts on which fraud was reported to the Coop. Police investigated and left this open to further disclosure about a year ago, it has a crime reference number. The Coop customer complaints acknowledged that they cooperated with the Police, so in my opinion there has been some acknowledgement on their part of fraud.

I had been intending to take this to the IC office, to request the removal of this and the other debts, but due to ill health and disability, I haven't yet.

The debt went into default last March, as I will not pay off a fraudulent debt. I'm registered with CIFAS, have notices of correction on my credit report etc. The case went through the FO initially, and although the Coop failed to disclose all that was requested, the FO decided that the matter was better left to the Courts rather than their decision.

Anyway to cut a long story short, they have issued several default notices on this particular debt of approx £2,500, and today I was contacted by a 2nd debt collection agency threatening to take me to court send bailiffs around.

I've scheduled a telephone call with the Coop customer care woman tomorrow. Any help advice that anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

send the DCA a nice letter along the lines of

Dear Fool

For your information this account is in dispute with the OC for reasong of fraudulent activity, and as such I will not deal with any third party. if you require proof here is the Police Number.

I strongly suggest you return this account back to the Original Creditor.

Good Day

Mr/s S Treet

LOL! PGH did that!! Today gave the DCA the crime reference number and asked why the Coop hadn't given them the history of the account, ie fraud and dispute, as required by OFT.

Did a SAR on Coop last year, and asked them to disclose the details of their own internal investigation, plus the payees of the cheques on the credit card. They failed to do that.... hence why I was due to take it to the IC.

I'm too ill to keep going on at this, it's really taken a toll on my health, was even contemplating waiting the 6 years because of this.....

The Coop issued default notices last year, I think another was issued after they felt their complaints department had said I had 6 months to take it back to the FO.

I could take it back to the FO, but feel that they have limited powers, and that it would be better dealt with the ICO.

The DCA are chasing payment for an account that is in dispute, and which basically the Coop are deciding isn't fraud despite the evidence to the contrary and the fact that they cooperated with the police.