How to improve credit score after full & final iva

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4617 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I just completed my IVA. It was FULL & FINAL IVA. I know it will be recorded and remain for next 5 years in my credit file. Looks like in 5 years time my credit score remain demaged even I have dealt with my debt succesfully.

I wonder how I can I improve my credit rating?

A friend suggested to change name and address and start from scratch. I like this idea.

As I have dealt with my debt, no body gonna come after me. And I am not doing anything wrong. I am not hiding from my creditors. I just only trying to be like RE-BORNED. Just start a new life.

Any body can give me any good advice please.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The above poster is correct, the IVA will remain on your credit file for six years from the start date of your IVA. I would imagine that even if you changed your name and address you would still find it diffucult to gain credit, you would probably be required to state previous name/address details on any application for credit therefore companies would easily find that you have previoulsy been in an IVA.

The question wil be asked have been insolvent,bankrupt in

the past, especially on mortgage applications,and previous

addresses are asked for on application forms.

If the insolvency is not disclosed you would be with holding

material information, which might get accused of deception or fraud.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 2 months later...

Am I right in assuming that in year 6 from the start date the entry on the consumer creedit file will be removed? I'm in year 3 of my IVA and next year will be looking to remortgage to introduce funds to the IVA so will be debt free from Jan 2014 except of course my mortgage.

Or will it be on file until 2020? I know we will have to disclose it if we apply for credit but not sure for how long we have to keep disclosing it for