I've paid them all off, now how to get them to remove my details?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I had some pay day loans and have managed to pay them all off,:whoo:I am now debt free!

I now would like them to remove all my details from their systems. This is so they don't have my data but also a way to prevent me from falling for them again and getting any more debt with them. I have tried to log into Payday UK and it seems my details are no logner recognised, but I would like to contact them formally and make sure all my details on their files are destoyed.

Wage Day Advance stated that they keep my details for 6 years! Is this something they have to do by law? If not how can I get them to destroy all of my data.

What would be perfect would be a letter I could send to all of them (there were 4!) asking them to destroy all of my data they hold on file that I am removed from their email lists.

Any ideas?

You can ask them to remove you from mailing lists etc..

not sure about removing your details completely, they legally have to store data for a period of time (think 6 years is about right)

Spot on!

Mailing lists, points of contacts can all be removed and you can ask this by sending a plain letter just stating this... ensure you send it by RECORDED mail tho just so you have something to refer to if they do contact you again.

As to your account history it has to stay on their books for at least 6 years, financial regulations for companies require info to be held and the data protection act limits the data to only being kept for "as long as needed"

S.