Default Notices and Consumer Credit Act

Jamesx81x
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

When a company recinds and agreement on the back of an invalid default notice where is it exactly that it states that an invalid notice cannot be remedied by issuing a new one?

I ask as a creditor seems to think that is exactly what they are going to do!

Thanks

IVA Entry Removed

Nationwide Default Removed

Nationwide Joint Account Default Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Blackhorse Car Finance Court Claim - Won

Anyone?

Its one thing to state it but what actually backs it up?

IVA Entry Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Anyone got anything on this?

To be able to say a company cannot issue a further default notice once the agreement has been terminated in a defence is one thing but what about when you are asked 'well where does it state that'.

Thanks guys

IVA Entry Removed

Natwest Default Removed

I'm looking for something along the same lines James. Various others on this site say to "sit tight" until a claim is brought against you and then declare a default as invalid (due to the date for instance) but seems risky to me!!!!!!

Hi guys

When a company recinds and agreement on the back of an invalid default notice where is it exactly that it states that an invalid notice cannot be remedied by issuing a new one?

I ask as a creditor seems to think that is exactly what they are going to do!

Thanks

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?289449-Defaults-after-6-years-what-happens&highlight=DEFAULTS

Hi James

I came across this Thread a while back and in it The Experian Rep answers a question about Defaults being input a second time

Hope this helps , if not im sure if you pm him he will be able to help you

regards

rs

Surely the point is that the DN gives you chance to rectify the situation before they terminate, ie if you pay the required amount then the account resumes as if the breach never happened. Once they have terminated then this can no longer be the case, hence the 2nd DN after termination is utter nonsense as even paying the amount due cannot "undo" the termination?

Thanks for the reply.

That is my view on it was just seeing if there is anywhere in the CCA and Consumer Regulations that actually state it.

I have a creditor that seems to think after discontinuing a cliam due to a defective default notice they are simply going to advise their client to re-instate the agreement and issue a new default notice therefore aloowing them to pursue legal action again.

In my view when an agreement is terminated whther unlawfully or lawfully it is terminated end of story?

Thanks

IVA Entry Removed

Natwest Default Removed

I would imagine that they cannot lawfully re-instate the agreement without you agreeing to this, hence why you need to accept the termination, though court action already taken should be proof enough of the original termination. As you say, terminated is terminated and I dont see how they can unilaterally re-instate the agreement.

Again my point exactly but some companies and their solicitors seem to think the consumer credit act and associated regulations do not apply to them. They are just becoming an irritating noise as due to the fact they have no legal basis for bringing a cliam hence the discontinuation on their part they are looking for ways round it whether they be legitimate or not.

IVA Entry Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Hi,

As said above, 'terminated' gives them a problem with this. Has been covered in various threads including one of my own experiences. This should give you some ideas if you're looking to respond >>>>> http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?224300-MandM-vs-Egg-Loan-(MandM-**Won**-with-a-strikeout-of-the-claim-)&p=2954008&viewfull=1#post2954008

Good luck,

M

Thanks for the advice

Think will just let them crack on speaking crap and se how much of fools they make out of themselves :)

IVA Entry Removed

Natwest Default Removed