Charging orders - a salutory tale

diddydicky
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4682 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello DD,

We have had our differences in the past (and probably will do so in the future) but i am genuinely saddened to read of this experience you have had. It is very unfortunate that something like this erodes further the trust we all SHOULD have in the justice system as whole. It should be remembered that a solicitor by definition is an officer of the court to be able to practice and htis brings about further contempt of the system.

regards

oilyrag.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know whether it still applies but I have known practices being made subject to direct supervision for long periods by another solicitor when the Law Society ran things, which must have stuck completely in the craw of the transgressing practice.

regards

oilyrag.

Hi Martin,

I saw it happen first some 30years ago at what was an absolutely straight practice which we had used. It had grown but one of the additonal "junior" solicitors went on the make. at the time a complaint was made to the disciplinary arm of the Law Society and to be honest they moved like greased lightning. The second occasion was a local solicitor, the director of public prosecutions when we had such beasts, who was doing deals with local estate agents. decided to give up and retire selling the practice on to another firm.

don't really know the state of play now that we have the SRA in place.

regards

oilyrag.

Hi Caro,

Whilst I have disagreed with some of the things you have said in the past, on these points you have my full agreement. At this moment I have a PM to bankfodder in the process about very prolific posters whose advice I believe should be treated with caution and verified properly before being acted upon.

I have been clear in my own stance in that I am not legally qualified just going through the mangle with our OC but I am a professional engineer and have been for most of my life, therefore I am not stupid and do not expect to be treated as such by these people with somewhat dubious credentials. I am aware of others who have felt the same and of people who will not join CAG because of this and other bad experiences on others forums. sadly by some of the same people.

regards

oilyrag

• Haha 1

Unfortunately, it would seem that many good technical threads turn into a haranguing match and seemingly ego trips which does put people off who would benefit tremendously from our collective albeit amateur efforts. I have always counselled caution and at times been denigrated for doing so but let us all try and put things over so that the new kid on the block does not leave in even deeper despair, thinking their plight is a hopeless case because of what we have all collectively said.

The resident experts should not baulk all the time when they are "put to strict proof" should they?

Thats all

Best regards

oilyrag.