punched wrong number on parking slip

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4875 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I recently got a parking ticket from Banbury Council. Having two cars, I stupidly punched the reg. plate of other car at pay and display (and displayed). the ticket was issued and the appeal was refused on the grounds that the number displayed was diff than that of the car.

Any help pls? It is 70 quid!!!

Purely on the info you've given, the ticket was issued for a legit reason, and so they can enforce it if they choose. If you opt to fight on, you will be losing the option of paying the discount, so it's a gamble - and it's a gamble you're more likely to lose than win.

The only thing I can suggest is that you look for a technicality. The most common one for car parks is where the Council does not have an Off Street Parking Order (legal document giving them authority to enforce the car park) for that location. You might want to call their bluff by requesting a copy. They may or may not have one in place.

Also, you could post an image of the PCN (blanking out the PCN number and reg number) and someone might spot a flaw with it.

Its not calling their bluff to ask for the traffic order. It's a legitimate request and you may have to go to the councils offices to view.

You may find that it is non specific enough (if it exists) to give you a get out.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

The contravention is not displaying a valid ticket (I assume) so the definition of 'valid' needs to have been made clear in both the signage in the Car park and the traffic order. However I have a suspicion its an Excess charge notice not a PCN is this correct, who issued the ticket, Banbury, Cherwell district or Qxfordshire Council?

It means the enforcement methodology is different - via magistrates' courts rather than as a civil debt. The good news is that there can be greater flexibility. The starting point must be to find out exactly what the contravention is described as on the ticket, the signage in the car park and in the parking order.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.