Search on my file removal help

Ladida
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4898 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Halifax Card Services has listed a search on my credit file even though I did not complete any application. I remember at the time that I recieved stuff in the post inviting me to apply that I get all the time from various cc providers. I did not apply for this card. I wrote and asked them to remove the search and they have refused saying that they were concerned about identity theft and needed my home mobile and work telephone my e-mail and my bank details! this was to enable the fraud department to to instruct if the search has to be removed.

What I would like to know is does this look bad on my file and what should I do next write back to Halifax? the CRA? Also am I concerned about nothing does a search really matter? even tho I did not apply or enquire about getting a cc.

Also I am linked to my husband with one of the agencies and his file is a mess I suppose that reflects on me anyway so maybe should not be worrying about this anyway!

Hoping someone can advise me many thanks

Regards

Ladida

Hi;

Is the Search for an account or is it just an ID check? If its just an ID check then I wouldnt be too worried as they dont show to other lenders who do search your file. As I am pretty active with the banks I had 19 of these checks done last year. They do tend to do them now and again for some reason.

˙os op oʇ pǝʞsɐ ssǝlun ǝƃɐssǝɯ ǝʇɐʌıɹd ʎq ǝɯ ʇɔɐʇuoɔ ʇou op ǝsɐǝlԀ ˙pǝɹnɔɔo sǝssol ʎuɐ ɹo ǝɹnlıɐɟ ɟo ʇlnsǝɹ ɐ sɐ ǝlqɐıl plǝɥ ǝq ʇou llɐɥs I ˙llıʍpooƃ ɟo ǝɹnʇsǝƃ ɐ sɐ os ǝuop sı uǝʌıƃ ǝɔıʌpɐ ʎu∀